Planning laws preventing my dream home.

Waterworks

Assuming Aberdeenshire have a look here

https://www.aberdeenshire.gov.uk/planning/plans-and-policies/ldp-2023/

if there are no buildings on the woodland to demolish & replace I’d anticipate the answer to your question would likely be No.  But Aberdeenshire planning are very approachable you can pick up the phone and have a quick chat with them.

The only reason I was able to self build at my plot here in Aberdeenshire was because I did a replacement house.

It does annoy me that developers can build crappy houses pretty much where they want but self builders can’t pop a great quality house in a bit of totally unused land.  

Thanks for the quick response @Bozza, @Temp

Aberdeen city actually, so a different set of council folk to discuss with.

Agreed on the shoddy output of some developers.

Some of these forestry sites look like a bomb has hit them after trees have been felled. Probably takes quite a few years of growth to get to something ‘normal’ again - I digress.

5 hours ago, LeeVanCleef said:

Aberdeen city actually, so a different set of council folk to discuss with.

If you're worried about getting planning permission, first speak to or get your Architect to consider working with Aurora Planning https://auroraplanning.co.uk when putting in your planning application. One of the consultants was head of Aberdeen city planning dept. for 10 years before leaving to set up Aurora planning.

• Like 1

@LeeVanCleef if it is by chance the Baillieswells woods land I live 5 mins away.  I’d say you would have zero chance of getting a house on there and would be gobsmacked if you got PP there.  99.9% sure it’s greenbelt on the ACC website.  Otherwise it would be selling for 20 times its price.