Bathroom starts !

6 minutes ago, Gav_P said:

If you opened all the boxes are there collections of patterns that match (have the same misalignment)? 

you could at least then group them into rows.

Tried that . Opened all 4 boxes . Even if you get 2 that line up ‘quite’ near - means the 3rd one might be more out ... ?

11 minutes ago, Gav_P said:

The problems is, you are now never going to unsee this. ☹️

I’ll close my eyes when I shower . Go away @Gav_P or I’ll cry ! . The problem isn’t my skills - it’s that tile manufacturers don’t function at my level ???

Just now, pocster said:

I’ll close my eyes when I shower . Go away @Gav_P or I’ll cry ! . The problem isn’t my skills - it’s that tile manufacturers don’t function at my level ???

To be fair your tiling looks spot on. Once you’ve grouted and put all the fixtures and fittings in I’m sure it will look great. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gav_P said:

To be fair your tiling looks spot on. Once you’ve grouted and put all the fixtures and fittings in I’m sure it will look great. 

Now you’re just being kind . When you visit my house for the ‘whore and apple ! ‘Party ; I’ll make sure you just use the ensuite ...

Edited by pocster
  • Haha 1

Just now, pocster said:

Now your just being kind . When you visit my house for the ‘whore and apple ! Party ; I’ll make sure you just use the ensuite ...

Is that the one with the peep show window into the bathroom? ?

Just now, Onoff said:

In all seriousness I found it hugely annoying to look back and see some of my grout lines. Htf did I miss and not correct them? Inexperience I'm sure. At least you used a tile levelling system!

Yeah I know . These new wedge things seem good . Zero lipping . Spacing spot on . Let down by some slimey Spanish sweat shop ... ?

1 minute ago, Onoff said:

In all seriousness I found it hugely annoying to look back and see some of my grout lines. Htf did I miss and not correct them? Inexperience I'm sure. At least you used a tile levelling system!

That’s just the joy of doing the job yourself... you always see the errors, and look for them. Whereas if you get a ‘professional’ in you just look at the bigger picture and don’t notice the crap bits so much. 

• Like 1

Just now, pocster said:

Yeah I know . These new wedge things seem good . Zero lipping . Spacing spot on . Let down by some slimey Spanish sweat shop ... ?

I feel like I should have done a practice bathroom first! ?

Learnt loads mind. 

I remember being just really unsure about the tiling. Worst job of the whole bathroom refurb for me. How quick will this stuff set I was thinking and rushing it. I put too much adhesive on for a start and got in a right mess. I should have relaxed, stood back and viewed the bigger picture.

What about a really contrasting grout...like black to take the eye off the offset grout lines?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gav_P said:

That’s just the joy of doing the job yourself... you always see the errors, and look for them. Whereas if you get a ‘professional’ in you just look at the bigger picture and don’t notice the crap bits so much. 

You know - you are 100% right . I’m struggling to be a mm out - but alas not everyone else is . Tbh the ‘affect’ - just standing back and looking at it is ace . But, still hurts a bit ?

1 minute ago, Onoff said:

I feel like I should have done a practice bathroom first! ?

Learnt loads mind. 

I remember being just really unsure about the tiling. Worst job of the whole bathroom refurb for me. How quick will this stuff set I was thinking and rushing it. I put too much adhesive on for a start and got in a right mess. I should have relaxed, stood back and viewed the bigger picture.

What about a really contrasting grout...like black to take the eye off the offset grout lines?

Originally we were thinking dark grey - so maybe that will ‘help’ ....

1 hour ago, pocster said:

The problem isn’t my skills - it’s that tile manufacturers don’t function at my level ???

I totally agree and frankly I would complain more if it were me (but I am OCD ?).

edit, not OCD. just RIGHT!!!

6 minutes ago, joe90 said:

I totally agree and frankly I would complain more if it were me (but I am OCD ?).

edit, not OCD. just RIGHT!!!

I can change all the tiles no issue she made that clear . Can you go to the Spanish sweat shop and reset their ‘print’ machine? ?