Bathroom starts !

Well I’ve dremel cleaned my grout lines .

Some of the tile spacing is less than perfect on close inspection . I don’t like the white cross plastic spacers . One of the reasons I make a mess is I try to position them vertically and therefore I use a small amount of adhesive to hold them there ...

Have ordered some different type of spacers that can do corners ( which I want ) I.e 3 way . 2 way and 1 way just by rotating them . I want the bathroom tiling to be better !!

Edited by pocster

5 minutes ago, pocster said:

Well I’ve dremel cleaned my grout lines .

Some of the tile spacing is less than perfect on close inspection . I don’t like the white cross plastic spacers . One of the reasons I make a mess is I try to position them vertically and therefore I use a small amount of adhesive to hold them there ...

Have ordered some different type of spacers that can do corners ( which I want ) I.e 3 way . 2 way and 1 way just by rotating them . I want the bathroom tiling to be better !!

Your practice run is better than my finished tiling!

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Just used the little 3mm + shaped things. They held in fine.

I just went wrong by not using a levelling system! ?

But they never stay in . Just pressure from a tile on one side and on another side - fall out ! ?

Edited by pocster

4 minutes ago, pocster said:

So !

Coloured grout and Mastik has arrived .

Whats the best tool / Mathis to point the grout ?

Mathis?

Wasn't aware you pointed grout tbh. Ram it in then wipe off with sponge at 45deg so as to never run along a grout line and inadvertently remove the grout.

Edited by Onoff
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Mathis?

Wasn't aware you pointed grout tbh. Ram it in then wipe off with sponge at 45deg so as to never run along a grout line and inadvertently remove the grout.

Method - was what I was trying to type ?

Ok ; so damp sponge across ??

On 28/09/2020 at 17:09, Onoff said:

Just used the little 3mm + shaped things. They held in fine.

I just went wrong by not using a levelling system! ?

On 28/09/2020 at 17:31, pocster said:

But they never stay in . Just pressure from a tile on one side and on another side - fall out ! ?

We have just used the Perfect Level Master (tile levelling system) on our large format floor tiles - the clips are available in 1, 2 or 3mm so they space the tile at the same time as levelling it.

I am impressed and certain that the tiles would not be as level as they are if they had not been used.

5 hours ago, wozza said:

We have just used the Perfect Level Master (tile levelling system) on our large format floor tiles - the clips are available in 1, 2 or 3mm so they space the tile at the same time as levelling it.

I am impressed and certain that the tiles would not be as level as they are if they had not been used.

Sure

i was on about wall tiles 

2 hours ago, Onoff said:

Don't your red/black things level and keep the gap?

These arrived today . The grout gap maybe 2mm using these . What I do like is they can space corners and edges . Assuming they don’t fall out 

79B9E43D-9C8A-4231-B46F-AAA44645F219.jpeg

BFD39467-92DA-47FE-8B20-89CBD5CA9F61.jpeg

C54580FC-E0F4-4794-A967-E9E6E18CAAB5.jpeg

5 hours ago, pocster said:

Sure

i was on about wall tiles 

Perfect level master can be used on walls, but as you have already worked out - you can use a spacer with your levelling system.

This our floor using the 3mm clips and corner spacers

1698050256_PLM1.thumb.jpg.d41b350ab9e218fb1b5d536c84dc6100.jpg

Edited by wozza
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, wozza said:

Perfect level master can be used on walls, but as you have already worked out - you can use a spacer with your levelling system.

This our floor using the 3mm clipsimageproxy.php?img=&key=f5f06bfe2c42e69cimageproxy.php?img=&key=f5f06bfe2c42e69cimageproxy.php?img=&key=f5f06bfe2c42e69c and corner spacers

1698050256_PLM1.thumb.jpg.d41b350ab9e218fb1b5d536c84dc6100.jpg

I might try them !

Having said all that I’m sure I’ve got some rubi tile levelling stuff here . I assumed it’s just for floors as you kick off the plastic next day . Not sure you can use in walls ?
Similar to the system you mention .

Don’t fancy hammering plastic bits off wall tiles ?

Edited by pocster

1 hour ago, pocster said:

Having said all that I’m sure I’ve got some rubi tile levelling stuff here . I assumed it’s just for floors as you kick off the plastic next day . Not sure you can use in walls ?
Similar to the system you mention .

Don’t fancy hammering plastic bits off wall tiles ?

They snap off easily as you knock them off inline with the grout line.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wozza said:

They snap off easily as you knock them off inline with the grout line.

Yeah ? So even on wall tiles ? . Nothing worse than the snapped plastic isn’t deep enough I.e shows through the grout .

4 hours ago, pocster said:

Yeah ? So even on wall tiles ? . Nothing worse than the snapped plastic isn’t deep enough I.e shows through the grout .

Says the self confessed, dab hand with a Dremel!