Johnnyt

Members
  • Content Count

    6
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

2 Neutral

About Johnnyt

  • Rank
    New Member

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. This is taken directly from my planning barristers advice to me which was subsequently used at a successful appeal. In planning law, there is a “principle of consistency” in decision-taking: see North Wiltshire District Council v Secretary of State for the Environment (1993) 65 P & CR 137. The principle is not that like cases must be determined alike, but a decision-taker ought, when considering a materially similar proposal, to have regard to the principle of consistency, to have good reason if deciding to depart from the previous decision, and to give reasons for any such departure.
  2. That's great advice thanks. It's quite a generous offer from the DNO, I imagine as the primary is nearby with 33kv and 11kv. The transformer we would connect to with 135m of underground cable only serves 6 properties, at least we don't have to pay for any infrastructure upgrade. Good news all round
  3. Thanks for your replies. I think I had decided to use the route across the farm land which allows the greater generating capacity. What puzzled me whether to go for the full 12Kw fitted or a lesser amount. Are you saying I can apply for the12 Kw and "bank it" so to speak, fit a lower amount and then build up to it at a later date. I would like the extra capcity for the possible future ASHP and of course more generation at time of low irradiance in the winter etc .
  4. Hello all, Yet to start on my build which is likely in the next couple of months. I have been discussing the new supply and PV with my DNO Scottish power and there are 2 routes for the new supply one down the pavement adjacent to our plot and the other buries across farmland we own and rent out, at a cost of 17K and 10K respectively. See below from Scottish Power "Route 1: £17,000 + VAT - this involves excavating and laying a 185mm waveform cable in pavement and verge for a distance of 60m, including an estimate for traffic management costs. It would enable an Agreed Export Capacity of 9kW 1-phase, which may be export-limited if desired from a Power Station Capacity of 15kW. This would provide a 100A 1-phase supply to the first plot and another as the temporary site supply. The service alteration to convert this second supply into the permanent supply to the other domestic plot is not included. Route 2: £10,000 + VAT - this involves laying a 185mm waveform cable in a customer trench in the field at the back of the existing properties on New Road for a distance of 135m. It would enable an Agreed Export Capacity of 12kW 1-phase, which may be export-limited if desired from a Power Station Capacity of 17kW. This would provide a 100A 1-phase supply to the first plot and another as the temporary site supply. The service alteration to convert this second supply into the permanent supply to the other domestic plot is not included. Please can you confirm which option you wish to pursue? If you do not yet know the exact generation arrangement you will be installing, this can be applied for at a later date. This will incur a network design fee of £300 + VAT whether you include the generation now or later, so I would imagine a separate application would be preferable." I can comfortably get 18 in roof panels of the southern (SSE) elevation 5.4Kw of the new build and I have decided to go for a steel portal garage outbuilding that will accomodate a futher 12, 2.4Kw on the garage roof (WSW). The question is do I max out to future proof now, as we have mains gas to heat UFH but I intend having the pipes laid at 150mm centers to allow for future ASHP heat source. The ground floor area is 170 sqm. Our current usage at our present home is circa 3500kwh a year with a PV generation off a 2.75Kw sytem of 2300Kwh pa but on a house a third of the size. The other plot referred to above belongs to my builder Thanks J
  5. Thanks to all for your support. It was satisfying to win out at the end, I have a feeling the was something of the night about one of my local councillors. I'll keep looking in and see how you are all doing. If anyone is interested my last successful appeal and costs decision are available on the planning inspectorate website under reference APP/A0665/W/18/3198387. I would be happy to help anybody with similar planning issues. Cheers to all of you John
  6. Hello all, I am John and live in north cheshire. Well, where do I start, perhaps with how I got to where I am now. Application for one infilling bungalow in green belt in 2014 refused. Appeal refused in early 2015 although inspector agreed "not inapproriate development" After discussion with new planning consultant and a trip to London to visit a planning barrister, on the public access scheme (well worthwhile), new application submitted August 17 refused again. Appeal Feb 18 validated, but start date Oct 18. Decision end of November 18 allowed with full award of costs and would you believe an indication that 2 properties could be accommodated on the infill plot. Application April 19 for 2 dwellings approved. Other plot sold and we are about to commence on build early in new year. My wife has MS and proposal is dormer bungalow 230 square meters, all accommodation on ground floor with 2 guest bedrooms and bathroom in roof space. Considering attic trusses or a SIP roof at the moment and initial approach to DNO will allow PV single phase export capacity of 12Kw and total pwer station capacity of 17Kw. As you can imagine, I have plenty to think about but a given is UFH and I have mains gas passing the doorstep. I will scan the forums for tips, many I have picked up already, and hope to keep you updated on our journey. Thank you in antipacation of your interest ,