Self levelling compound / stuff......

Cpd

Due to some work I am undertaking in the house I have the opportunity to sort the kitchen floor, well not really sort it as it’s an uninsulated lump of crappy concrete straight onto the earth bellow....... digging it up and doing a proper job is just NOT possible at this time as i am getting a free insulation upgrade and am working triple time to get ready for them arriving...... however the place is empty and stripped back so I want to make a shine over shite improvement. I will put a laser on the floor tomorrow but it’s probable up to 30mm  out max with lots of unevenness..... it’s painted with floor paint and has about 5 layers of this on..... keeps the moisture on the other side of the paint..... I want to level this floor up with a self levelling compound that I can then paint. I think @PeterW suggested one once but I have lost the link..... can I just go into the local builders merchant and buy what they have or is it more complicated than this. Any help would be great. Thanks col       

Think Nod might be right but I have used both of the following with great results.

tilemaster level flex - 2-50mm in one pour.

setcrete deepbase - 5 - 50mm in one pour. 20kg bag covers 2.2m2 at 5mm depth. £19.99 a bag at Wickes.

Tilemaster have a very helpful technical phone line. Some of their products can use aggregate to beef out the depth so may be worth asking them for advice. This may help with costs if you can source their stuff locally. Stuff gets good reviews on tilers forum.

Simon

Ok so I have been out with the laser and it’s pretty good over most of the floor but there is a variation from 0-40mm , 

22 hours ago, nod said:

You may as well screed it with grano if you are going up to 50 mil

Do you know of the top of your head what the minimum depth is for Grano ? Also can I then paint the finished grano surface or should I be looking to level it with grano and then pour a fancy product over that to create a hard surface which I can then paint.....  cheap seats on this job but anything will be better than what’s there at the moment. Thanks for all the advice so far chaps. Col