Insulation Board Tape: recommendation please.

ToughButterCup

I can't give a recommendation. But I was first fixing an extension on Monday, and I noticed at least half the silver tape joining the gaps had simply unstuck, and appeared to have virtually no tack left in it to re stick.  So some of it is utterly rubbish and not fit for purpose.

Does it have to be silver?  I would be happy to recommend Tescon Vana Air tightness tape that I used, and if you search on the bay you will find a German seller selling it a lot cheaper than anyone in the UK.

Vielen Dank Dave!

Ich hab's gefunden. Viel billiger - muss ja 10 Stuck bestellen, aber das geht  in Ordnung. Aber £11 Versandkosten. Hmmm.

Na ja.

Spitze, Mensch!

Thanks Dave. Found it. , much cheaper - need to order 10 but that's OK. But £11 postal charges. Ah well....

Tops!

Ian

1 hour ago, ProDave said:

I can't give a recommendation. But I was first fixing an extension on Monday, and I noticed at least half the silver tape joining the gaps had simply unstuck, and appeared to have virtually no tack left in it to re stick.  So some of it is utterly rubbish and not fit for purpose.

Does it have to be silver?  I would be happy to recommend Tescon Vana Air tightness tape that I used, and if you search on the bay you will find a German seller selling it a lot cheaper than anyone in the UK.

If there was any dust on sheets when you did it that could be the reason  why it came unstuck ,also temp could be a factor .

was this aluminium tape or plastic type that is coloured  silver.

the real aluminium tape sticks very well  if surface is dust free 

downside to alli tape is it will not like movement as it does not stretch ,it breaks 

so a good quality plastic type should be good if you have any movement in things 

I used both and found the plastic type was better for my under joist " supa foil blanket "  as it tended to be flexible and moved

alli great if things were solid 

non of them were good to seal joints in polystyrene boards --fine if foil backed  but not direct on to foam 

go for 52mm minimum  -not the 38mm wide  --

Edited by scottishjohn