Getting ready for air test on a new build

We are ready to do the air test on our new build and I have just Emailed the chap that does all my builders houses (recommended). Apart from blocking the external vents to the MVHR is there anything I should prepare ready for  the test? Do I need to get smoke matches/generator to seek out potential leaks during the test.

I am old school, blockwork, cement render then wet plaster, parge coat behind joists where plastering not done. I am not a fan of membranes and sticky tape. Warm roof lined with OSB glued and screwed . I am aware of the “breathability “ debate of  OSB, if it is too porous then I can apply a coat of sealer. 

Came home from work yesterday to a card through the door from an air testing company, thought it was a strange thing for anyone to be doing, going round canvassing for air testing work so I don’t know if he was sent by the architect or just appeared but he came from Perth so a distance away, but I noticed when I looked up his website he doesn’t charge vat.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, joe90 said:

I am old school, blockwork, cement render then wet plaster, parge coat behind joists where plastering not done. I am not a fan of membranes and sticky tape. Warm roof lined with OSB glued and screwed . I am aware of the “breathability “ debate of  OSB, if it is too porous then I can apply a coat of sealer. 

Be interested to see the result did you do the tony trays

I drylined mine 

No wet plaster or Parge 

If it’s done right it should be airtight 

Tester told me there was nothing escaping around the plastering 

He thought a score of three was pretty good with more than thirty sash windows 

1 hour ago, Oz07 said:

Be interested to see the result did you do the tony trays

Sort of, I am a fan of the Tony tray but with ours we wrapped each end of joist in plastic and trapped that behind the render coat.