What are these called?

ultramods

That will be a (probably plastic) piece designed for and supplied with that particular light fitting.

If you have a fitting like than and are missing one, contact the manufacturer.

If a different application, be more specific what you are trying to achieve?

• Thanks 1

Thank you for all the replies. 

Searching hole tidy or hole grommet did the trick.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Instant-digital-10x-White-Hole/dp/B00EOYKOWM/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_60_tr_img_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=8YDK91TQAN2CT0X7H3BX

However I might make my own using rawlplugs with washers glued to the end as I would like them to be as low profile as possible.

3 hours ago, ProDave said:

That will be a (probably plastic) piece designed for and supplied with that particular light fitting.

If you have a fitting like than and are missing one, contact the manufacturer.

If a different application, be more specific what you are trying to achieve?

I want to use them for lights similar to the photo. I might be buying the lights from aliExpress and I don't think they would supply the grommet. They normally mount all the lights on a plate that it's attached to the visible side of the ceiling, however I want the plate to be hidden in the attic space.

1 minute ago, Big Neil said:

Well if it works see how many they'll let you get away with, then put the word out on here and those of us who live near an IKEA can go pillage their spare parts...

It is the metal part you want is it? Or the bit that grips from Beijing?

I just want the bit that will let the wire go through the ceiling neatly and as discreetly as possible.

1 hour ago, ultramods said:

I have seen these used by cable TV installs where the wire comes through the wall. Can you post a picture of the finished fitting if you go ahead with it? I really like the one in the first post but the circular ceiling recess looks like mission impossible.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mr Punter said:

I have seen these used by cable TV installs where the wire comes through the wall. Can you post a picture of the finished fitting if you go ahead with it? I really like the one in the first post but the circular ceiling recess looks like mission impossible.

Will do.