Required head clearance for insulated roller garage doors?

JamieM

Hi

Our plans have 2.55m high insulated roller doors but we are thinking of lowering that slightly to allow for insulated roller doors . Lowering to maybe 2.4m or so has been suggested by the brickie.  I've googled it and it seems around 300mm clearance head room should be enough room for the roller doors but just checking if anyone here has any advice? 

Although we would like the insulated roller doors , it'll probably be one of the 1st things we don't use if(when) money becomes tight at the end of the build but we'd still like to have it as an option at this stage. 

Thanks

And it's a block built house if that makes a difference. 

Also, if this is in the wrong area if the forum, feel free to move it. 

I have just fitted an insulated roller door and it required 300mm clearance, however I added another 25mm wiggle room just in case things were not accurate and I needed 10mm of it to get the door to roll down properly to the floor :)

I have insulated doors. The garage stays at around 10-11 even when it gets down to 0 in the winter. The car feels lovely on a cold morning.

Might be too late for this, but looking at your pic, I changed my garage from 2 doors to one. So much easier to get the car in and makes it a lot more likely that you use it.

Cheers, we did consider doing the one garage door but bigger but it is too late for that now.  You win some, you lose some.

To be honest, I can't see us using it that much for the car, just in winter when it's real cold. (I want a pool table in there but she'll never let me)