Stage 1 Is Very Nearly Complete :)

8 minutes ago, Barney12 said:

Each to their own but.......I’ve never understood the concept of a holiday that involves ‘cold’ and ‘exercise’. Nuts! :D 

Yeah +1, my missus keeps batting on about skiing. My idea of a holiday is a beach in Greece where I can pretend I'm reading a book through dark glasses whilst watching German girls playing topless volleyball in the surf...

Skiing though...there are some proper weirdos about! )

8 minutes ago, Construction Channel said:

I give it 10 mins before that pic gets removed.

Im going to leave it just for a little while....xD 

I figured I'm on borrowed time with it! :) So worth it!

There's a golf equivalent titled magazine too.

And another one that tickled me:

hidden to minimise offence to anglers 

Screen-Shot-2015-05-19-at-18_36_32.thumb.png.b7c61ced83f8800f2ca46d7bf9d86f23.png

6 hours ago, Construction Channel said:

Technically this should be behind a paywall for 2 days but ill start doing that on the next one :P 

And there was me expecting to watch a screeding video... :)

2 hours ago, Construction Channel said:

I still haven’t poured the floor now. Hopefully the rest of the spacers will be in today or tomorrow. So with any luck I might get it done this weekend if I’m feeling very energetic. 

Race you? :)

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Construction Channel said:

I’m shuttering off a 6’ square around it so I can screed the falls in after. I’ll cover the pipes with the concrete but try to leave at least 2” for the screed. 

Maybe a good idea to have some 300mm tie bars drilled at angles ( dovetailed ) poking through the shuttering to tie the two slabs together after the initial pour, or you'll be left with a small floating section which won't be great. 

1 hour ago, Nickfromwales said:

Maybe a good idea to have some 300mm tie bars drilled at angles ( dovetailed ) poking through the shuttering to tie the two slabs together after the initial pour, or you'll be left with a small floating section which won't be great. 

I was just going to SBR the crap out of it. But that might not be a bad idea. Iv got some mesh left over I can cut up for the job. 

On 25/02/2018 at 20:16, Construction Channel said:

It was longer than I thought since I made a video, :o

this should bring you up to about the end of Jan

Done Ski ing once !; it's more work that building a bloody house! i.e. I'm no natural!

Well that Was a fun job. 500 of the little buggers every 400mm. (At least there will be when I get the utility done as well. But I’m tired and need a shower now)

2BA7D951-E248-4C90-B14B-AC8ABA55D521.thumb.jpeg.5f844d4968e72e0313eab33fc5ab8840.jpeg

And just in case you wondered how I was going to hold it in the little chairs where it is trying to lift in some places I’m useing these. Technically they are for holding Teram down but they seem to be working well for this. 

B20799BD-BA6C-4DD4-AEA2-1F59F86AD1D6.thumb.jpeg.821bc8ebe5a6a38d16a04e980e8e0999.jpeg

• Like 1