Rockwool RWA45

vivienz

2 minutes ago, Big Neil said:

obviously i'm the thick cousin on this forum, but i didn't think rockwool was itchy. I thought it was only fibreglass insulation that made people itch????

Does that mean I can't wear my beekeeping suit?

10 minutes ago, Big Neil said:

...so why the dressing up like a super-gimp as described by Mr Harris. have I missed something?

I don't think you've missed anything. There is a lot of difference between Rockwool rolls and Rockwool slabs. It isn't possible to stuff RWA slabs into small areas as they are rigid. I fitted a lot of RWA6 slabs without wearing any protection and without any problems.

https://www.ribaproductselector.com/Product.aspx?ci=6375&pr=Rockwool-ROCKWOOLInsulationSlabsRWA45RW3-RW4-RW5-RW6

Edited by PeterStarck
Added link.

Sorry to change the subject slightly, but I wonder why anyone has not considered using blown cellulose in interior walls. I visited a lovely Touchwood build in Suffolk recently that will do exactly that. Is it a matter of cost I wonder? Or perhaps the concern of the circular holes required? Any thoughts?

Edited by Dreadnaught

When the cellulose was put into my house recently, Gordon, the guy who did the job, commented about the lack of fluffer-upper machines in the UK and Europe. His was imported from the US.

Perhaps the other thing is the need to seal the walls. Having seen how easily the cellulose escapes from the smallest of gaps when blown under pressure, I imagine it could be difficult to install in interior walls, especially once services are embedded into them.

Edited by vivienz