Pete

19 hours ago, The Sweeny said:

I'm looking at Internorm windows and have to say many of the approved installers seem to have bad reviews. I've encountered unnecessary obstacles  just getting to view the products at the showroom never mind ordering and installation. OH is keen on Internorm but I'm worried the installer will do a poor job/bad service. 

So with this in mind what installers are recommended? All those local to me get bad reviews. I want to avoid the accident waiting to happen.

there are many other windows that are as good as Internorm where they have good installer experience! We had a choice between Internorm and Norrsken in the end and we went with Norrsken for a number of reasons but one of them was the bad reviews for the Internorm installers. if you're worried i'd suggest walking away from Internorm and looking at others. especially as your issues with them seem to be more than just installer reviews!

Gaulhoffer that @craig offers are another good premium brand to consider that a few on here have had.

• Thanks 1

Thanks @Thorfun but I was more interested to see where they are located as like with everything else (including ourselves) there is the good and the bad and they ain't all bad some are really excellent. I'd happily give a recommendation based on location for Internorm supplier.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, craig said:

Thanks @Thorfun but I was more interested to see where they are located as like with everything else (including ourselves) there is the good and the bad and they ain't all bad some are really excellent. I'd happily give a recommendation based on location for Internorm supplier.

fair enough. Norrsken used a 3rd party company for our installs and they go nationwide. I can recommend them as they were excellent and really nice guys! Elite Installations Nationwide Ltd (https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063628057428&sk=videos&_rdr&refsrc=deprecated#_=_). 

• 2 weeks later...

Can’t see any reason why we can’t talk about location and specific suppliers here ? I am in the process of placing an order for Internorm through Spectrum in Newport, Shropshire…. So far very impressed with showroom and pre-sales process. Any other experiences of Spectrum. 

4 hours ago, craig said:

Spectrum are a really good company and know what they are doing. I’d recommend them.

I had a quote from Spectrum for Internorm windows. they were on the expensive side and more than another Internorm provider. but, as with most things, you get what you pay for! and a personal recommendation is worth it's weight in gold especially for a big ticket item like windows. sometimes it's better to pay a little more for peace of mind.

To be fair, you do get what you pay for. Spectrum are very knowledgable at what they do, very focused and well versed.

Known them for years, I admire what they have accomplished. 

• Like 1

The point about how the trims are wrapped and transported is well made. My Nordan trims and cills came with the windows and nothing was missing although there are extra pieces not on the schedule. However the packing was really poor. They at least wrapped them round bits of wood to keep them straight but they were all wrapped up together then bubble wrapped. Consequently one of the trims is badly scratched in three places and is being replaced. There are scratches on other pieces but I can see that they’ll be hidden once fitted. It’s academic as I can’t get the cills to fit when I trial fitted them as the windows are fitted completely flush with the kit it’s too tight to get the cill in place. 

Edited by Kelvin