Rechargeable flood lights

Crofter

Thinking of getting a couple of rechargeable LED site lights- this sort of thing:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10W-Portable-White-LED-Hi-Power-Slim-Work-Light-Rechargeable-Flood-Light-Camping/122988142303?hash=item1ca2aa1edf:m:mV7kj6vuCv6lhnkthQkW6Ew:rk:3:pf:0

Sealey seem to sell similar things at three times the price.

I'd only need battery life of 2-3hrs to let me get a few jobs done in the evenings. Reasonably weather-proof would be useful. Might be operating a chainsaw using these so would want pretty decent light- thinking I should get a pair to reduce shadows.

Anybody got real life experience of these things?

The 10W model has a 2.2AH 3.7V battery = 8.4WH

If it's a 10W Led it won't last an hour.

The 50w version is similar..

2.2AH at 8.4V = 19WH.

If it at 50W LED it will last about 19/50 hours = 22 mins.

Someone check my figures as they claim 3-4 hours lighting time.

Edited by Temp

Been using my 10W one tonight to cut tiles outside in the dark! Bought it dirt cheap at Electricfix on a whim when I had a book of discount vouchers.

20181122_224428.thumb.jpg.0d1b2677eb4a25b5ce88635ab61b8961.jpg

20181122_224440.thumb.jpg.cc121fcfeb828c421b1e0f33404ad3f1.jpg

It does catch me out and die occasionally. They have 30W ones at work which I'd go for next time.

I got one of these last year as a pressie. Superb really for the money. 

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/mega-led-worklight-with-tripod-was-24-now-10-homebase-in-store-2858502

7 hours ago, Temp said:

That one is better. The battery is 32Wh so in theory should run a 10W Led for 3 hours.

Pretty sure I get more than an hour out of it. I'll give it a full charge and time it untiI it dies. I try to make sure like when cutting tiles last night, that I turn it off every time I pop back indoors.

When I have been caught out is when doing pipework in the loft. Probably more to do with the time I take to do anything! That Eiger worklight linked above is so versatile. Has built in hooks each end, magnets on strings so you can string it up under the bonnet etc as well as the tripod.

Lidl had a cracker in recently, and I spy the same unit (but in yellow) in Tesco filling stations.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Parkside-Rechargeable-Work-Light-PAAS-A1-BNIB-FAST-FREE-POSTAGE-34-98/302935746753?hash=item468860a8c1:g:up4AAOSwdrhbxyw3:rk:1:pf:0

^ that's a daft price, it was £19.99 in Lidl and I think £25 in Tesco. Running time is absolutely as quoted, it's a superb lamp.

2 minutes ago, dpmiller said:

Lidl had a cracker in recently, and I spy the same unit (but in yellow) in Tesco filling stations.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Parkside-Rechargeable-Work-Light-PAAS-A1-BNIB-FAST-FREE-POSTAGE-34-98/302935746753?hash=item468860a8c1:g:up4AAOSwdrhbxyw3:rk:1:pf:0

^ that's a daft price, it was £19.99 in Lidl and I think £25 in Tesco. Running time is absolutely as quoted, it's a superb lamp.

I saw them in Lidl...didn't buy one though... :(

I bought Bosch: weeeellll, no imagination innit?

The Bluetooth ones are nice because we can switch them on and off from our bed (line of sight), or you can program them to switch off and on whenever.

Key issue for us is that we're already  in the Bosch ecosystem - batteries and chargers.... : like I say, no imagination innit

38 minutes ago, recoveringacademic said:

When I'm feeling sorry for myself, I remember folk like you

Thanks. I have been somewhat demotivated this last week or so and done nothing. To make it all worse I do my 5 days work hours, and some more, in 4 days to get a day off for the house.