Innovative Home Solutions

Kesoolhe

Hi guys, does anyone have experience with "Innovative Home Solutions" based in Ireland. We live in Cambridgeshire, England. Their house designs look very impressive, however we are finding it hard to find any reputable reviews of their work

Many thanks

Checking impressive looking companies on the Companies House site is one of the first thing I usually do, and I will often follow that up by having a look to see what the directors have done before.  Always gives a pretty good indicator as to whether a company is real or just a nice looking website.  I learned a lesson some time ago that it's far too easy to trust a credible looking website and a chap with the gift of the gab...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, newhome said:

Have you looked at the data on Companies House? Not exactly inspiring. 

Couldn’t see any reference to them on here. 

From what I can see on a credit check website, it would seem I need a large bargepole. It's a real shame as the house designs they promote look great. I guess the old adage "if it looks too good to be true........" applies. 

On 04/11/2018 at 12:45, JSHarris said:

Checking impressive looking companies on the Companies House site is one of the first thing I usually do, and I will often follow that up by having a look to see what the directors have done before.  Always gives a pretty good indicator as to whether a company is real or just a nice looking website.

what exactly are you looking for and what are red flags looking at account information?

Edited by Moonshine

9 hours ago, Moonshine said:

what exactly are you looking for and what are red flags?

One example springs to mind.  A company with what seemed to be an excellent online reputation, a very informative website, a "proprietor" who seemed highly respected by many people for the knowledgeable views freely shared on internet fora, and whose "proprietor" seemed to be genuine from several 'phone calls and emails, over a period of several months.  Having spent a significant sum to go and meet with him and look around his factory and some of the houses he'd built I discovered that he'd not built the houses he showed us, didn't own a factory, in fact didn't even own a car.  A check showed that the company was registered to someone else and had never traded, with nothing other than an annual accounts submission showing very little capital and no trading activity.  A follow up check using the name of the supposed "proprietor"  revealed a prison sentence and couple of failed companies in the past.  A bit of digging around on the internet revealed a few other people who were less than happy with this person, including one who lives quite close to us and who lost a great deal of money via him on a system that never worked, and which had been sold with performance claims that were wholly unrealistic.

I should have checked out the company and it's supposed proprietor long before I did, as it would have saved me a couple of months of wasted time and the best part of £2k in wasted costs.  I was lucky to be able to get away with just this loss though, I think.

• Like 1

It's easy to check up on a company via Companies House and I always do it if there's a high value transaction I'm thinking about going into. As well as the company itself, you can follow the trail of the owners and directors themselves to check out their track record - it's free and a worthwhile check.

We didn't check out our TF company through Companies House we just asked them if we could visit some of their builds. They were happy to arrange that and we were happy after speaking to the owners who gave us the low down warts and all.