Why tumble dryers catch fire. (a warning)

Sometimes I see things in my line of work that astound me. This being one of them.

tumble_dryer.jpg

What you are seeing there is the vent hose of a tumble dryer just lying on the garage floor. That's a solid mass of dry fluff eminating from the hose across the garage floor. I would expect most of the hose itself to be similarly full of fluff.

If it had caught fire, no doubt a manufacturing fault would have been blamed and there would be calls for the manufacturer to recall the product.

Just how people can live like this astounds me. I wonder what the landlord would think if his house had burned down through the neglect of the tenant and what would have been a 100% avoidable accident?

Yup, looks like an accident waiting to happen. 

Im particularly fond of the incorrect plumbing of the PRV on the multiblock of the UVC. It comes along to the front t&prv and goes up 10" or so before teeing in above the home made tundish. Whoever signed off that UVC for G3 isn't much of a worrier. :|

Non tres bien. 

7 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

plumbing of the PRV on the multiblock of the UVC. It comes along to the front t&prv and goes up 10" or so before teeing in above the home made tundish. Whoever signed off that UVC for G3 isn't much of a worrier. :|

And they say that sometimes I'm too fond of talkin' tech.... I'll get my coat.:$

• Like 1