Plant room

nod

Well We finally have the plant room up and running 

Just a couple of things I would do differently 

I mixed up the motorised valves and eventually realised that the UFH only came on with the upstairs rads 

I supposed working when tired in semi darkness contributed 

The second was I really should have tiled the floor first Instead of having to cut around the tank

It would have taken me an hour to put four rows of tiles down prior to the tank going in 

Oh and one small leak in the cieling above A T junction had failed I’d had it under 3 bar pressure for weeks prior to plastering 

Only warped when the heating was running for several days 

Everything happing now 

I’ve done most of the skirting and Arks and I’m half way through the doors and wardrobes 

I will start fitting my Nolte kitchen in two weeks and I’ve a friend coming to help me fit the stairs at the end of October 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, nod said:

The second was I really should have tiled the floor first Instead of having to cut around the tank

You make a very good point.

I always tile a kitchen or a bathroom floor before I start installing the kit.

3 hours ago, Triassic said:

You make a very good point.

I always tile a kitchen or a bathroom floor before I start installing the kit.

Thanks

So do I When doing work for others

But like many on here we go into selfbuild mode and loose all sense of planning ahead 

I was going to bed thinking about motorised valves and waking up thinkinking about motorised valves 

I carefully labelled each one with a marker pen No little labels that can easily drop off for me

Propper job Permanant marker 

Best laid plans 

I think the moral would be to put do one job at a time Label it and move on

and go to home when you can’t think straight 

• Like 1

Or having spent all week day and night thinking about valves walk into the plumbers merchants stand at the counter and take a complete brain fart and buy something you have 10 of already. Drive home, start to get out of the car and then sigh and mutter for fcuks sake.

• Like 1

I hate trade counters. I need to be in a *real* panic for something to go to a plumbing or electrical counter. Wait in line to try and explain to a spotty youth what I'm looking for then find I'm invoiced 30% over the odds because I'm a walk-in vs predictable pricing from bes/ screweys/ random ebay punter? Uh, no.

2 hours ago, dpmiller said:

I hate trade counters. I need to be in a *real* panic for something to go to a plumbing or electrical counter. Wait in line to try and explain to a spotty youth what I'm looking for then find I'm invoiced 30% over the odds because I'm a walk-in vs predictable pricing from bes/ screweys/ random ebay punter? Uh, no.

Stick at it, one trade counter kept over charging me, I always picked them up on it and got a better price. I’ve been known to take the Screwfix catalogue into my Builders Merchants, they soon got the message, but you do need to keep your eye on them.

Edited by Triassic

2 hours ago, Triassic said:

Stick at it, one trade counter kept over charging me, I always picked them up on it and got a better price. I’ve been known to take the Screwfix catalogue into my Builders Merchants, they soon got the message, but you do need to keep your eye on them.

I've been sticking at it for about 27 years now...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, dpmiller said:

Yep that's the way I feel about wholesalers and avoid for that reason.

BES, screwey's, Toolstation, CPC, Shop4Electrical, TLC direct etc provide most of my needs in a much more predictable and timely fashion.

• Like 2