Temporary stairs

vivienz

Just a quick heads-up for anyone like me who has never given much thought to these.  I decided I really needed some for my build now that the first floor is going up, and it turns out that the window company insist on them for installation.

I opened a trade account at my local Howdens Joinery this morning and tomorrow, I will be the proud owner of a set of temporary stairs for the princely sum of £119 + VAT and £20 for delivery.  They come as a standard size which isn't quite tall enough for my build, but the MBC team will do the necessary and make it fit.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, vivienz said:

They come as a standard size which isn't quite tall enough for my build, but the MBC team will do the necessary and make it fit.

Snap - MBC's handiwork:

IMG_2518.thumb.JPG.6930228f6056c2bc34e0073a3405a654.JPG

Got slightly wobbly after several months, but added a couple of battens and some screws and it did us until the build was finished.

• Like 1

Those would have suited me rather than the ladder that I only plucked up enough courage to go up once! 

1 hour ago, Russell griffiths said:

For that money I don’t know why anybody would think of not having a set. 

Didn’t think of it TBH. I’m glad there is no video of me going up and down the ladder that day. It wasn’t pretty TBH ??

• Haha 1

I know - Unfortunately the split stairs have to have slightly different risers (to get them the same I would have had to go to ridiculously tiny risers)

So I have had to have 2 staircases even though the overall rise is only 2.4m.  

Edited by Hecateh