Where to Visit for Flooring Inspiration

ultramods

We are really struggling to decide of what flooring and bathroom wall tiles to go for. We want a contemporary look, currently thinking either grey or wood effect porcelain tiles for the floors.

We have studied 1000's of photos online, however I think we really need see some of the styles we like in situ.

Can anyone recommend any large showrooms (anywhere in the UK) similar to Porcelanosa please?

Not able to offer any advise on your question, but are you sure you want porcelain tiles?

IMO they add to the feeling of a cold and echoey bathroom, which I dislike. We went with Amtico which has a tiny amount of give and feels warmer as well as less reflective of noise.

As mentioned shophouses will likely have what is contemporary today.

We have lots of wood effect Porcelanosa tiles which we very much like. We dealt with the Edinburgh showroom, but had to drive to Glasgow quite a few times where they have a much better display.

One thing I did was go through catalogues then do a Google image search on the specific tile name to see pictures of it in situ.

Google images was by far one of my biggest resources in designing things.

For example -

https://www.google.com/search?q=porcelanosa+oxford+castano&client=safari&rls=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiI7pjor5_dAhXoCsAKHcGrDrsQ_AUICigB&biw=1280&bih=737

I was very keen on having tiled floors in all our public areas - one of our friends did this using 900 x 450 mm tiles and it really does look good.  My OH had her heart set on an oak floor so we ended up with a log basket full of samples, and picked which we thought was the best finish / appearance, but the reality has always been a bit disappointing.  I literally just finished putting two coats of Osmo Oil over all our engineered oak (110 m2 or so) and it has transformed the floor.

We had Amtico in our last house (family room and kitchen) and it was good in many ways, but a little too utilitarian for a lounge I thought.  One of my friends had wood effect Amtico in his lounge and it always looked like vinyl type flooring.  It is however very forgiving and tough.

Showrooms probably a good bet if you have any near to get some ideas.

4 hours ago, Alexphd1 said:

I was disappointed with porcelanosa (Edinburgh) by far the best I have been at is roccia in Preston. Also far better than the grand design shows!

I’ve biught a 150 mtrs of the Roccia Italian wood plank 

Laser cut and by far the best print that we have seen

C4256F8D-7AB0-4A88-9729-ED104CB884DE.jpeg

6BEECE2A-8BC9-4603-AA3A-F4CA32D4DBF1.jpeg