Bathroom snagging

8 minutes ago, daiking said:

You'd leave this? 

image_19.jpeg

I'd be more than happy to not have to do something with this. Its first floor so very unlikely to be at risk to vermin. None of the cables are clipped anywhere.

Sorry, my mistake, can't see a thing using this new phone. Read your post as "would I crimp to repair and leave like it". As to your issue I would say it needs a repair from the picture. AND keep away from hot pipes too. Is that twin & earth or flex btw?

I don't suppose, by any slim chance you could replace that length of cable? Only thinking you say it's not clipped. No doubt it'll be plastered in down the wall!

Guessing maybe not enough slack to go the WAGO box route either?

Its about 500-600mm from a light fitting so I meant there's not enough slack to cut it back and pull it up to the light. Its a ground floor light so in the first floor void, no chases here, unless I follow it out the bathroom, down the landing and somehow down into the cupboard under the stairs to the consumer unit. Should be loads to connect to a wagobox

I'll tidy it up tomorrow, its a bit dark now O.o

Edited by daiking

I'd fit one box only and maybe a new length from the box to the light fitting.

As for strippers you don't need anything fancy. I still have a cheapo pair like this in the bag I still use occasionally:

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-Electrical-Wire-Strippers/p/500514

Edited by Onoff
Fat fingers / new phone

29 minutes ago, Onoff said:

I'd fit one box only and maybe a new length from the box to the light fitting.

As for strippers you don't need anything fancy. I still have a cheapo pair like this in the bag I still use occasionally:

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-Electrical-Wire-Strippers/p/500514

I have a pair of those, they're s*** (with me operating them). The wago light box is spot on, no new cable needed, just cut out the short affected length. Screwfix do the boxes but not small amounts of connectors. 

xD When I think my Dad "taught" me to change a plug with a dinner knife and me teeth!

PM me your address and these are in the post to you in the morning, enough for putting one WAGO light box in line:

20160807_214152.jpg

You can have a play with the push fit and cage clamp types, I'll even throw in some earth sleeving!

Edited by Onoff

11 minutes ago, Onoff said:

xD When I think my Dad "taught" me to change a plug with a dinner knife and me teeth!

PM me your address and these are in the post to you in the morning, enough for putting one WAGO light box in line:

Cheers but save it for next time :D I've order 10 connectors (224-101) from eBay for £3 and I'll pick up a box from Screwfix. A £5 repair I can handle. 

I may not have screwed the floor back down yet but I have got my 6mm ply cut ready to go on top and planned out my vinyl tiles so that I can leave the toilet in place and get at the plumbing bits of interest if required. Bought some MR MDF to finish off the cupboard, probably doesn't need to be MR but why not. Put a rebate int he doors using only a circular saw :lol: I looked like Shrek. Mask was worn ;)

So not all time wasted. I'm also wondering about creating a skirting out of the tiles but I'm going to need a big mitre saw to do it. 

Edited by daiking

1 minute ago, Nickfromwales said:

I'm a big fan of tile skirting. No paint, no maintenance and look great. What do you need a mitre saw for?

Its a vinyl interlocking tile, only 4mm thick. I need more than 4mm around the edges to play with and it needs capping. I'm not sure how  trims would look so I've been playing about with a mitre joint. Works but the prep and care needed with a free tool is quite hard/time consuming. A top trim, 8-10mm would be much easier.

2 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

Can you take a load to a local woodworking shop and ask them to run them through a table saw ? Perfect mitres and should only charge a few quid for beers. 

No idea.

I'll make life easier and stick to tile trims and pack out with scrap vinyl tiles. Shouldn't take too long to rip the tiles evenly lengthways