Oh - so what next

MikeSharp01

Just working, in the drizzle that is Whitstable today, on re routing the water from the meter to the utilities building.  Just dug down to find the existing pipe and found it is lead going into 25mm MDPE. See pic

My question is / are two fold. 1 can I just unscrew the connection to the blue pipe coming out of the meter and make my new connection or do I need to go bacl to the meter itself? Also  I correct in assuming I can do this myself or are there regs I should be reading?

20180219_152501.jpg

Edited by MikeSharp01
Adjusted.pipe size

If its from the water meter then it's your responsibility I believe, so you can do your own pipework. 

Is it lead from the meter? Or is there a bit of mdpe?  Either way I would remove any lead altogether 

7 minutes ago, MikeSharp01 said:

It is mdpe out of the meter then the 90 deg bend connects to the lead pipe. I guess I was wondering what I might find if I undo the white nut, will the pipe end be damaged / have a olive on it or just be ready to connect my 25mm dia mdpe straight on? 

You just want a 25mm MDPE elbow don't you?

That white one should come off easy enough. Doing mine was daunting as per the pm but it all worked out with no leaks.

It should be fine to just undo the white nut and attach a new fitting straight on, obviously you need the same make of fitting to match threads. Try not to accidentally push the olive up the blue pipe as it grips the pipe and is hard to reset unless you can move the white nut clear of it, you are limited with space by the look of it, so potentially you could end up with the nut up against the meter with the olive pushed up too far, which will be a royal PITA. Been there.... ;)

First job is to dig around that joint at least 12” each direction including downwards.  Then pour clean water around that joint and then remove it. You do not want crud and sand getting into the joint or the pipes. 

Thats 99% a Plasson MDPE to lead joint - Plasson olives are split so should come off quite easily with a small screwdriver in the split and twist it slightly.