How long waiting for window quotes

It varied but average 10 days I would say.  

One or two never bothered at all and a couple were really quick. Depends a lot on time of year and if quote dept is busy with spring coming or if they have exhibited at a show recently and picked up a lot from that.

1 hour ago, Lin said:

I've asked for a fair few window quotes and i thought I would get them within a couple of days or so. That's not happening.

Is this usual ? how long did you have to wait ?

Quotes can be a strange affair 

Some come really quick 

Others seem to take an age

I think it depends on their workload and order book.  In the grand scheme of things, a single order for one house is going to get less attention than a large order from a repeat customer.  I've had fast and slow turnaround over the years.  Nothing stopping you following up with a phone call after a couple of weeks.  The conversation may well be enlightening as to whether that company would be able to deliver etc within your timescales.

10 minutes ago, Stones said:

I think it depends on their workload and order book.  In the grand scheme of things, a single order for one house is going to get less attention than a large order from a repeat customer.  I've had fast and slow turnaround over the years.  Nothing stopping you following up with a phone call after a couple of weeks.  The conversation may well be enlightening as to whether that company would be able to deliver etc within your timescales.

Its the not wanting to seem too desperate (  and then risk getting higher prices) vs getting the job done

Fair enough hounding them after a couple of days, but nothing at all unreasonable following up after a couple of weeks.  Bear in mind that once you have quotes, you would look to negotiate and compare against other suppliers.  Our windows and doors were initially quoted at just under £13K. I paid £8.5K in the end. There was a fair bit of back and forth but in the end, they wanted to secure a sale...

• Like 1