flanagaj Posted 2 hours ago Posted 2 hours ago Just for the record. I have absolutely no loyalty or association with BuyMaterials, but I thought I would give it a try recently to see whether I could get a better deal than I was getting from the local merchants. Cut a long story short, I have already saved a pretty large chunk of cash. For example 61 sheets of Caberdek P5 Eco - £9.10 / sheet 57 sheets of 18mm OSB3 - £17.24 / sheet The only negative, is that having submitted a quote. they do tend to hassle a bit and ask whether you need anything .... But all in all, I am impressed and if you get tired of trying to haggle with the local merchants, then you might find it useful.
Square Feet Posted 2 hours ago Posted 2 hours ago Can you add what the local merchants had quoted you for comparison? Also if both quotes include delivery etc. Cheers
flanagaj Posted 1 hour ago Author Posted 1 hour ago 1 minute ago, Square Feet said: Can you add what the local merchants had quoted you for comparison? Also if both quotes include delivery etc. Cheers The quote I accepted was < £20 delivery and was nearly a £1000 cheaper than the next merchant quote. It came from a reputable supplier on the South Coast. The quote I received from the local merchant was as follows. Caberdek £12.15 OSB3 £18.55 My aim with all material purchases, is to beat the price specified on my 'Estimators Online' QS. Every time I do that, it hopefully helps in either bringing the build in cheaper or helping to offset those unnecessary costs that you incur along the way. Estimators had flooring at ~ £17 and OSB3 at ~ £27 3
flanagaj Posted 1 hour ago Author Posted 1 hour ago I think if nothing else, it serves as a useful tool to validate quotes you receive from a local merchant to make sure that you are not being robbed. 3
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now