Square Feet Posted 3 hours ago Author Posted 3 hours ago 22 hours ago, ETC said: https://www.dualchas.com/our-journal/dualchas-video Thanks for this. There's lots I really like about Neil's own house (and some that I don't 😂). I'm not surprised to hear that they are associated with Mary Arnold Foster as their designs have a similar feel. I really love what they are doing and the new approach to Highland architecture. I'm hoping it will work just as well here in the south of Scotland.
Tetrarch Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago One consideration will be some kind of shading. I know you're in Scotland but you will have have massive solar gain for most of the day  Also the TV may have glare problems during the afternoon, so it may be mechanical shading required rather than just photo-resistant glazing  Regards Tet 1
JohnMo Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago 12 minutes ago, Tetrarch said: One consideration will be some kind of shading. I know you're in Scotland but you will have have massive solar gain for most of the day Don't underestimate solar gain, it can be painful even in northern Scotland. Consider the less obvious westerly setting sun as much as the southern.Â
Square Feet Posted 2 hours ago Author Posted 2 hours ago Yes it bothers me alright. I have been thinking, but I haven't come up with an effective solution yet. I'm not blind to the issue though.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now