Rj45 terminal grime

4 minutes ago, Pocster said:

Are you suggesting I can just spray my rj45 and the recipient housing with this ? . Let it dry and that’s it ????

Pretty much yes. If it's not getting splashed constantly. Try it for the sake of £15. Worst case you need to put another plug on. 

10 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Pretty much yes. If it's not getting splashed constantly. Try it for the sake of £15. Worst case you need to put another plug on. 

Ok . So spray both bits . Wait . See corrosion disappear. Plug it back together and it’s all good . If that works - it’s (expletive deleted)ing magic !

22 hours ago, ProDave said:

Wrap the replacement in self amalgamating tape,

When I worked for BT we used self amalgamating tape to water proof cable joints. Our instructions were to stretch the tape to half its width to ensure “amalgamation” (it turns into a solid lump of rubber). It’s what I wrapped my insulated ASHP pipes outdoors. 

F me acf50 worked !

I was sceptical because after spraying then cleaning with a cotton bud the connections still looked discoloured .

But what now ? . I could ( as mentioned ) fill it with Vaseline - but won’t that dry out ?

Any kind of box ( unless airtight ! ) will still be subject to atmospheric corrosion on the connectors …. 

I cut a small hole in the bottom of a thick ziplok type bag and taped it all tightly. The issue I have is a lack of space to feed all this through behind the cladding. 

13 minutes ago, Kelvin said:

I cut a small hole in the bottom of a thick ziplok type bag and taped it all tightly. The issue I have is a lack of space to feed all this through behind the cladding. 

I’ve tried that before . Ended up getting moisture in the bag - though if not ‘out in the open ‘ might work . My connectors whilst under some cover are exposed …

Pay attention to the rear entry points marked red. You can easily get moisture in them through capillary action. 

IMG_0698.thumb.jpeg.f775b80d786ffbb5fc12b8526004548b(1).jpeg.dd38401b02a2818415b23404ac5eea1d.jpeg

You'll probably be good with just the ACF-50 for a couple of years but a smear of silicone grease never goes amiss. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/servisol-AV-701-143UK-Silicone-Grease-50-White/dp/B0058223PU/ref=asc_df_B0058223PU/?

Deffo wrap the whole lot in amalgamating tape past those red marked bits.

45 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Pay attention to the rear entry points marked red. You can easily get moisture in them through capillary action. 

IMG_0698.thumb.jpeg.f775b80d786ffbb5fc12b8526004548b(1).jpeg.dd38401b02a2818415b23404ac5eea1d.jpeg

You'll probably be good with just the ACF-50 for a couple of years but a smear of silicone grease never goes amiss. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/servisol-AV-701-143UK-Silicone-Grease-50-White/dp/B0058223PU/ref=asc_df_B0058223PU/?

Deffo wrap the whole lot in amalgamating tape past those red marked bits.

The white one is a moulded plug I.e part of the camera . Other side is a potential issue . I’m going to remove the joining sleeve and just put male and female together in gel box .