Treatment plant f*cked

BigYin

Looking at that drawing above.

What height difference if any is there between the treatment plant and the soakaway?

Can you add to that drawing or produce another one showing what happens at the "output" of the soakaway, including levels of important features.

as the original builder doesn't seem to know that water runs downhill, and that an 8" pipe will run les well than a 4", , there isn't much hope of finding anything useful after the digester.

I would assume the worst and that you will be blocking the pipes from the digester  to the soakaway. the nearer to the soakaway you can block it, the better, so that their stuff stays with them.

Thanks, everybody. 

We have discussed alternative drainage with another farmer with a neighbouring field; he is replacing some drainage that runs across another field. We are considering splitting the cost three ways. This avoids the existing soakaway completely. I will need to ask SEPA for an amendment, they might decline! 

My lawyer is considering options for recovering costs; however, we must weigh this with our expenses to bring legal proceedings. 

I am looking into solar and wind power for the pump, but it's a 230v 60w linear air compressor, an ET100a; there isn't anything available to directly power, so we'd need an overrated panel or wind turbine, then have to step up the voltage. This means more parts to protect from water ingress and potential failure. This doesn't seem worth it. 

Having our own plant is a good long-term solution but this would leave the neighbour with all the problems, and I am not prepared to do that.