What is allowed to be left on a building site?

2 hours ago, Vijay said:

Thank you all for your responses and kind words. I've missed this place and it massively helps reading all the replies.

Does anyone know if there are actual laws/rules on what can be left on a building site? It would be a real pain for me to have to move my 2 cars off my land. There's plenty of room to move them which I'll do

you can leave what you want. 

Engage with planning enforcement, they are used to whinging neighbours. They wont be in the least interested any anything not directly related to planning.

On 14/08/2024 at 08:44, Vijay said:

I have replied to them asking for them to meet me on site to show me the issues they need resolved

Perfect. You have responded properly and that is on the record.

A meeting will determine if there is any issue, or conclude the matter. the neighbour will get a letter telling them that (presumably) no offence has taken place.

The officer will have often encountered prejudice/ envy/ whatever and make allowances. They will also have plenty of cases of real mess that cannot be allowed to continue.

I have had similar complaints and all have been seen to be either malicious or through ignorance, or through someone not understanding that a project isn't finished, and all have gone away.

It is annoying but some people are just like that.

5 hours ago, Vijay said:

Does anyone know if there are actual laws/rules on what can be left on a building site?

Let the council do the legwork and get them to quote chapter and verse if they think there is an issue. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Thorfun said:

what if you heras fenced off the 2 cars so they weren't actually part of the building site but were still on your land? potential loop hole?

not sure I'd want them to think I'm playing games, but I like that idea for shutting off materials and other bits I have on site 

The front of the site and one side where my static is is all heras fenced. The rest of the plot has got 4 bar fencing . When he visited in June, the fence on the front was damaged, but replaced in July.

@Vijay mate, stop worrying, let the council do their worst, tidy a bit if you want too but until the council tell you what’s not right (if anything) you are floundering in the dark.