Soil Pipe Branch Laid on Back

Is it OK to install a branch as shown below? I can see that there is probably a violent flow within the branch from the toilet direction and wonder if that could cause solids to get left behind or anything.

In my specific instance:

• 'To Stack' end is probably straight into a 90 bend
  • 'From Toilet' would be a 45 bend and some 110mm pipe with then a pan connector inserted like WC-CON8
  • 'From Shower' would be a short length of 110mm pipe (~200mm) and then 40mm or 50mm pipe.

I don't want the 'From Shower' side to get blocked by solids left from the 'From Toilet' bit.

image.png.ffae91fced75f42f42e0aa3d405fa200.png

I assume the following configuration is less desirable than the first:

image.png.99287bb5dc554a59b8d9c859472293b0.png

1 hour ago, Mr Punter said:

Maybe the shower could connect to the stack separately.  The WC flush may pull the shower trap as configured.

Good thought. It's a pig to route the shower to the stack separately unfortunately hence the whole use of the branch. I think I can include an AAV (Class A1) on the shower's 40 or 50mm pipe to ensure the trap doesn't empty.

I have this arrangement:

image.png.feb55d195e74942f92bc58a456439fc2.png

To the right is the stack pipe coming down from upstairs then straight down into a rest bend.

The 110 sticking up is where the downstairs WC connects.

The 50mm branch at the left is washing machine and sink discharge.

It has never blocked, probably because unlike @MortarThePoint outside pipe, this has a regular flow of grey water into that 50mm end pipe to keep it flushed free of any solids that are reluctant to move of their own accord.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ProDave said:

The 50mm branch at the left is washing machine and sink discharge.

It looks like this joints at the top of the 110mm pipe rather than middle or bottom. Do you happen to remember who makes that adaptor?

9 minutes ago, Alex Fossa said:

Where did you get the 110mm to 50mm reducer, with the 'cone' like shape, as that looks quite a nice piece, not seen before

No sorry I don't.  At the time I was scouring all sorts of on line suppliers and merchants and I stumbled upon it, or more likely someone on here pointed me to it.  It did the job well but I can't find it again right now.

10 hours ago, ProDave said:

No sorry I don't.  At the time I was scouring all sorts of on line suppliers and merchants and I stumbled upon it, or more likely someone on here pointed me to it.  It did the job well but I can't find it again right now.

Do you think it would be an issue if the 50mm pipe entered the 110mm pipe at the bottom rather than at the top as you have it?

1 hour ago, MortarThePoint said:

Do you think it would be an issue if the 50mm pipe entered the 110mm pipe at the bottom rather than at the top as you have it?

IMO this would “wash” the lower side of the 110 pipe (and give you more room to have a slope to your shower tray).

• Like 1

The usual risks of Amazon apply, but here are some promising looking tapered options:

For those wanting to adapt from 40 to 50 without losing too much height: