Completion notice

We are hoping to move into our new house before Christmas but jeez this last bit is expensive 😞. Stressfully so. Anyway today I was talking to the land and property services in NI and they said we were scheduled for a visit to issue a completion notice ? Anytime from the 1st December for three months. What if we don't have the building control guy signing off on it by then? Like I hope we do but not assuming anything. Plasterer about to start the scratch coat upstairs and outside, plumbing and ground floor to finish and staircase. Gonna stick in utility room and use it as a kitchen at the start. 

Go back and check what they need. I presume this is registration for rates. The construction stage you are at will have been flagged up to LPS by BC during the course of their inspections - normally 6 months before the anticipated completion of the works - but I doubt you have to be complete for a certain dates.

• Like 1

completion is different to needing to pay rates surely? We're resident and "substantially" complete so LPS want their pound of flesh, but BC aren't interested in visiting until I ring'em and ask for final inspection

• Like 1

If you've moved in, and the building is habitable, then as far as LPS are concerned, it's a completed house. BC separate. They visited us in March just after we moved in, we didn't get BC signoff until July. 

They don't issue you anything and has no real impact other than you have to pay rates. Just be happy you're not in North Down 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1