Staircase

nod

I started fitted the stairs yesterday 

Made by a company that I’ve used numerous times They have totally cocked up there calcs With at least two newel posts cut wrong and a bigger problem that 30 mil of the bullnose height would need trimming Which of course can’t be done 

Personally I think there’s to much reliance on cad I currently framing on a university where nothing is working to drawings 

Looks like half a day off work tomorrow to meet up with the stair manufacturer Moving in date is creeping up 25th of this month 

73A4E18B-1932-480A-AD0C-30EB33D2695A.jpeg

Is it as bad as you think?  In your picture the bottom string looks at too high an angle (compared to the newel post it is trying to engage with) if it was at the correct angle it would be lower and the "adjustment" needed would be less.

Still the manufacturers problem, unless they start throwing the "you checked the drawings" card at you (I know someone that got stung by that)

Ours got the newel posts wrong as well, but thankfully that was all, and it then took them 2 more tries to get the newel posts right.

1 hour ago, ProDave said:

Is it as bad as you think?  In your picture the bottom string looks at too high an angle (compared to the newel post it is trying to engage with) if it was at the correct angle it would be lower and the "adjustment" needed would be less.

Still the manufacturers problem, unless they start throwing the "you checked the drawings" card at you (I know someone that got stung by that)

Ours got the newel posts wrong as well, but thankfully that was all, and it then took them 2 more tries to get the newel posts right.

Exactly Dave 

The newel in shot is propped on a 160 block To make one side fit 

Once over they would dry assemble prior to sending out image.thumb.jpg.7db1499cfd1c913bb939cb8a59d948cd.jpg

• 3 weeks later...