Proposed network initial cable plan

So the plan in writing is this,get cables in the right places before the plasterboarding/ plastering starts and worry about what happens at the ends after (when we see what £ we have) 
Go easy on me!!!! Heads deeved watching you tube about this lol.
Ground Floor

Entrance Hall
  • 2 Access Points: Each access point requires 2 cables.
    • Total: 4 cables but only 2 need to go to access points, others can be tucked in behind so will count it as 2 for going into rack.
Main Living Room
  • TV Area: 3 cables for the TV
  • Computer: 2 cable
    • Total: 5 cables but only 3 need to go to the full way, others can be tucked in behind so will count it as 3 for going into rack.

Utility Room
  • Solar Inverter: 4 cables (two to external electric cabinet and two to server/switch)
    • Total: 4 cables but only 2 need to go to the full way, others can be tucked in behind so will count it as 2 for going into rack.
    •  
    •  
Granny Flat
  • Computer: 2 cables
  • TV Area: 3 cables
    • Total: 5 cables but only 4 need to go to the full way, other can be tucked in behind so will count it as 4 for going into rack.

Guest Bedroom
  • TV Area: 2 cables
    • Total: 4 cables but only 2 need to go to the full way, others can be tucked in behind so will count it as 2 for going into rack.

Upstairs
Access Point
  • Access Point: 2 cable
    • Total: 2 cables 
    • but only 1 needs to go to the full way, the other can be tucked in behind so will count it as 1 for going into rack.
  •  
Bedrooms (3 Bedrooms)
  • TV Area: 2 cables per bedroom
  • Computer: 2 cables per bedroom
    • Total for 3 bedrooms: 6 cables for TVs + 6 cables for computers = 12 cables but only 6 need to go to the full way, others can be tucked in behind so will count it as 6 for going into rack.

Den
  • TV Area: 3 cables
    • Total: 5 cables but only need to go to the full way, others can be tucked in behind so will count it as 4 for going into rack.
    •  
    •  
    •  
Additional Requirements
PoE Camera
  • PoE Camera: 2 cables
    • Total: 2 cables 
    • but only 1 need to go to the full way, others can be tucked in behind so will count it as 1 for going into rack.

Doorbells
  • 2 Doorbells: 2 cable each
  •  
Summary of Cable Requirements
  • Ground Floor: total cable lengths/cable attached to rack + string to pull through 
    • Entrance Hall: 4/2 cables
    • Main Living Room: 5/3 cables
    • Utility Room: 4/2 cables
    • Granny Flat: 5/4 cables
    • Guest Bedroom: 4/2 cables
    • Additional:
    • PoE Camera: 2/1 cables (thinking of using reolink)
      Doorbells: 4/2 cables
      #Total28/16
  • Upstairs:
    • Access Point: 2/1 cable
    • Bedrooms: 12/6 cables
    • Den: 5/4 cables
      Total 19/11
  •  
Total Number of Cables
  • Ground Floor Total: 28 cable runs but only 16 cables attached both ends
  • Upstairs Total: 19 cable runs but only 11 cables attached both ends
So presuming we need a 48-port switch and patch panels but no clue what to get and need to keep the price super keen.

The network switch will be located in is in the hallway between the 2 front doors.

Lots of steel in the building, block walls downstairs, wood stud upstairs and posijoists. 

Was thinking of using zigbee since its low cost, lidl, ikea, aldi all offer products at a fraction of the price of ubiquiti although I know its better.

Any thoughts?

My take was install all the cables you think you will need, but only connect the ones you actually have a use for.  Like you I installed 3 to each tv point but I can never see all 3 being used.  Partly my reason for installing several was in the event of some cable type superseding hdmi, I can probably use 2 network cables and a clever adapter to replicate the next standard in AV cabling.

I think what I am saying is you won't need a 48 port switch.

• Thanks 1

Why does entrance hall require 2 access points? 

I'd probably run at least 4 to at least each main TV point as they soon get used up and most face plates will be 4 gang

Consider additional PoE camera positions, even if cameras not installed.

I'd probably go Ubiquiti, UDM Dream Machine Special Edition, Pro 48 PoE switch and access points. Check your PoE requirements before committing

Go for keystone patch panels, much easier to work with

• Thanks 1

You've got the right idea - run an excess of cables as it is inherently cheap compared to trying to run an extra one once all the finishing is done. You don't need to terminate them right away.

I'd expect a requirement for more than one PoE camera externally to be honest, but I don't know your situation. As @SuperJohnG notes, run a couple to an external location at the front and back of the house for external WiFi access points you may want/need in the future. Don't install just one at each TV point though - I'd recommend at least two and probably four. You only really need one cable for decent access points - they can take their power and data over a single cable with PoE, so I'd run cables to ceiling locations in every major room where you might want great WiFi coverage.

It's easy to connect multiple switches together and you are unlikely to need the high-speed switching backplane that would differentiate a single 48-port switch and connecting two 24-port switches, so I'd probably advise looking at a 24-port switch to start, with the requisite number of PoE ports in it to provide power to your PoE devices such as cameras and access points.

I work in IT and have hard-wired TVs, cameras, a NAS that has 4 x 1Gb connections, and various other physical devices including my Mac Mini and a desktop PC that are also hardwired, and I don't have more than 24 active ports. I do have 3 PoE access points though that provide WiFi connectivity for a whole host of devices, including all the laptops, tablets, phones and home automation devices.

• Thanks 1