what do you think about my damage pipe

I have damaged a pert-al-pert pipe in my foundation. For context it is under two layers of A393 mesh which will make it hard/take time to fix. Feeling gutted as I was almost ready for pouring concrete and this will set me back if I need to fix. I damaged it by swinging a metal pole to hit the rebar mesh to move it and I also hit the pipe. :(

Do you think it is too badly damaged? I would say it's prob ok but it feels border line which is annoying. Im so tired with work and this foundation that my judgement may be impaired a little.

I hasn't exposed the Alu core.

Options. 

1. leave as is, maybe wrap with some tape just incase the concrete does manage to somehow effect the aluminium core

2. repair with a coupler

Cheers

Gavin

underfloor heating pipe damage.jpg

I pressure tested it last week before the damage and will do it again tomorrow. Im fairly certain it will hold pressure. I guess I was worried about future leakage but I'm not sure how that would happen incased in concrete. 

Posted (edited)

As I think through many different aspects of our forthcoming build few worry me as much as the potential damage to underfloor heating pipes awaiting a protective screed.  

Presumably almost all such installations survive being trodden on by the guys laying the screed so I simply needn’t worry so much?  Or are there steps one can take to reduce the risk of damage?

Edited by G and J
Correcting my appalling spelling.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, G and J said:

As I think through many different aspects of our forthcoming build few worry me as much as the potential damage to underfloor heating pipes awaiting a protective screed.  

Presumably almost all such installations survive being trodden on by the guys laying the screed so I simply needn’t worry so much?  Or are there steps one can take to reduce the risk of damage?

Build to near or at passive house level. Then you won’t need to worry if you lose a loop of pipe. 

Edited by gavztheouch

17 minutes ago, gavztheouch said:

Build to near or at passive house level. Then you won’t need to worry if you lose a loop of pipe. 

We’re aiming at nicely airtight but wall thickness precludes that level of insulation. However with some psychedelic pipe laying maybe redundancy can be effectively achieved….

IMG_7781.thumb.jpeg.e8e100fa000818c5ac8e71cf2fe0b673.jpeg

11 hours ago, G and J said:

However with some psychedelic pipe laying maybe redundancy can be effectively achieved….

I wouldn't overthink it. Those pipes are very hard to damage by walking over them and the like. Obviously try not to drill into it.

To put your mind at ease you could try getting some leftover UFH pipes on marketplace, eBay, that you could try to 'destroy' as an experiment. 

• Like 1