Hi All

I have a Vent Axia Sentinel MVHR and have only just moved in to my house so it’s my first interaction with one.

During this hot patch I forgot I needed to change the internal temperature to help with cooling.

When its summer/ warm out do I need to change to indoor temperature to 16 degrees (lowest) and then also the outdoot temperature to 5 degress (lowest)

Then in autumn do i change the temps back? Indoor temp to 22 (2 above our thermostats) and then outdoor temps to 14 (default)?

What do you recommend for these settings?

Also on the summer bypass, do I just leave this on 'Normal' and it will control itself using the indoor/outdoor temp etc?

Also is it best to leave all windows/doors closed or to open them to aid with cooling etc..

Apologies for the basic questions but any help appreciated 

Not sure you should change any setting, once setup. Not touched mine for over a year except filter clean/replace.

MVHR will do nothing much to help cooling, as it only changes the house air once every 2 to 3 hours.

We operate the following way. MVHR always on.

In summer we keep all doors and windows closed while the house is cooler than outside, once the house is warmer than outside, we open windows and doors to get a good blow through.

• Like 1

If normal means automatic summer bypass then yes. 

Designing in cross ventilation is important. It’s proving very effective in our house. 

Edited by Kelvin

our zehnder unit has a bypass (turn off heat exchanger) but you can only trigger it in 24 hour blocks which is annoying. It has a 'smart' feature for detecting seasons but with our weather one day is 33 and next is 12 so isnt really of use. Going to plug it into our HA once i get time, can take care of automatic boosting through it for when cooker goes on or showers turned on etc.

28 minutes ago, Dave Jones said:

automatic boosting through it for when cooker goes on or showers turned on etc.

Once your house is dried out you really don't need it too. Not even sure when ours boosted last. Certainly don't need boost in the heating season.

10 hours ago, Dave Jones said:

our zehnder unit has a bypass (turn off heat exchanger) but you can only trigger it in 24 hour blocks which is annoying.

That sounds strange, it should be fully automatic and does its own thing depending on the exterior/interior temperature without any user intervention. 

10 hours ago, Dave Jones said:

take care of automatic boosting through it for when cooker goes on or showers turned on etc.

As what @JohnMo says, you probably won’t need to bother about that, we never have. 

23 hours ago, JohnMo said:

Once your house is dried out you really don't need it too. Not even sure when ours boosted last. Certainly don't need boost in the heating season.

its noticeable in the kitchen as this has the biggest draw on the system, clears it out quickly on boost or 'party mode' as zehnder call it.

28 minutes ago, Dave Jones said:

party mode' as zehnder call it.

Possibly a really good name, because that is really the only time you need it after the first year of drying is done.