pump house

JackofAll

16 minutes ago, JackofAll said:

Need to build a small pump house and was wondering if i'd be better going with strip foundation or an 8 inch slab. most likely 8x6' in size?

What's going in the shed? Can't imagine anything that would require an 8" slab, my garage has a whole 4"

Posted (edited)

Water treatment filtration system is all. From those replies 4 will be good enough(though sounds small). Just didnt want it falling down 🙂

Edited by JackofAll

32 minutes ago, JackofAll said:

Water treatment filtration system is all. From those replies 4 will be good enough(though sounds small). Just didnt want it falling down 🙂

So a bog standard small shed with 25mm PIR insulation on the inside. Sit the floor on plenty of blocks or plastic grid with gravel in it. No need for strip foundation or 8" of concrete.

• Like 2

I have the materials(blocks, sand insulation etc) onsite, just don't want to be spending unnecessarily, I guess it's putting a price on my time. Will have a look at small timber sheds, thanks lads.

47 minutes ago, JackofAll said:

I have the materials(blocks, sand insulation etc) onsite, just don't want to be spending unnecessarily, I guess it's putting a price on my time. Will have a look at small timber sheds, thanks lads.

I built mine from pallets, on concrete blocks, floor covered in excess ply from the house roof, more pallets for walls, stuffed with left over insulation, excess breather membrane the outside, vapour barrier on the inside. The clad the outside in off cuts of larch cladding. Only thing I paid for was the roof corrugated panels. Pretty much free, except my time.

• Like 1

My  greenhouse sits on gravel grid, which works nicely in hat spilt water disappears, and i think in heatwaves some moisture reappears to reduce the plant stress. in the 4 corners and 2 midpoints i have replaced with paving slabs and screwed the frame down. This is to give  a bit of weight against the wind.

My garden shed is on 100mm of concrete on earth. Plenty. Far too much really but getting 2m3 didn't cost much more than 1m3.. Nobody ever fell through a paving slab.

• Like 2