How would you finish this parapet on edge of an EPDM flat roof?

low_and_there

Looking for suggestions on both the most sensible/practical and aesthetic way to finish the parapet on our new extension. I've attached a sectional drawing.

The flat roof is to be finished in EPDM as shown in the red line on the illustration. I had initially thought I'd use a GRP trim on the left but someone suggested an aluminium coping could look nicer (although it's about 4x the cost!).

Any opinions on these two options or others would be welcomed :)

image.thumb.png.9483c7bf453e2ab64af48bcb1682a9aa.png

In my mind the epdm must lap over the parapets completely, not up the face, not half way across. 

then get a full aluminium/ steel powder coated capping that covers the parapet and down both sides. 

lift your cladding slightly higher so the aluminium/steel trim hangs lower or you will see a gap. 

I used the aluminium capping that Russel is referring to. Not cheap but I will be looking at it for a long time. Easy to fit and looks great I think. I didn’t go for epdm but it’s the same principle. 

099A75B1-0831-46F9-8D7B-CB61933C829B.jpeg

6B480C8E-F38C-4EA5-85A4-03C654465719.jpeg

1 hour ago, Russell griffiths said:

In my mind the epdm must lap over the parapets completely, not up the face, not half way across. 

Yes, agree - the EPDM is the waterproofing layer. The Capping isn't. The section drawing shows the EPDM doing just that - lapping over completely - or am I missing something in your comment?

Yes, the cladding will go higher than shown in the diagram to avoid seeing the gap.

Thanks