Fischer Aquaefficient heat battery vs cylinder

55 minutes ago, anonymous said:

Unlike sunamp, it looks like they're backed by a 10 year warranty

But it's still a rebadged sunamp. Possibly higher price also.

Fischer are a company well known for selling very expensive panel heaters claiming they are more efficient than any other panel heater (impossible)

They are now selling re badged sun amps.

Many members on this forum have had reliability issues with sun amps ans some found them unrepairable.  Good they have a 10 year guarantee, but what if it breaks down at 11 years and it unrepairable?

1 hour ago, ProDave said:

Fischer are a company well known for selling very expensive panel heaters claiming they are more efficient than any other panel heater (impossible)

They are now selling re badged sun amps.

Many members on this forum have had reliability issues with sun amps ans some found them unrepairable.  Good they have a 10 year guarantee, but what if it breaks down at 11 years and it unrepairable?

Yeah. I'm not keen on SA for that reason. I thought they had a similar heat battery, not a carbon copy with their name slapped on. That doesn't inspire confidence. The warranty does but SA as a brand isn't amazing for reliability as you say 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/06/2024 at 09:16, ProDave said:

I can't believe the Advertising Standards Authority lets Fischer get away with their claims. Their whole setup stinks, especially directing their newspaper advertising at the elderly. Even if it were not a re-badged Sunamp I would not touch any of their products with the proverbial insulated bargepole. SA must be desperate indeed to get into bed with them.

Edited by sharpener

3 minutes ago, sharpener said:

SA must be desperate indeed to get into bed with them.

I think this may be the case and it is curious that such a great idea is engineered so poorly. When you look at the guts of it, @TerryE posted some pics when he took his apart , it's clear that it is not just a great concept but simple in practice. A little attention to the design for servicability and control would have made them world beating. As it is everybody is giving it a body swerve.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sharpener said:

SA must be desperate indeed to get into bed with them.

Was probably the financial backers, rather than Andrew.

Friend of mine was an electronics engineer at Ford.

They spent ages designing and testing new systems, then the 'value engineers' got to refine it.

The real dodgy electronics was also sold to PSA.