Instant hot water for shower room

I've got a small shower room that won't be used too often.  I was going to put a 120l tank there and still can but have found it's a bit of a tight fit.   

I was thinking of changing tack and using an instantaneous hot water system.  Such as the Stiebel Eltron DCE-S 10/12 Plus or similar.   

Main concern I've got is the flow rate and whether their quoted flow rate of 38C water at 6.8l/m is adequate for a normal shower.  I guess at this temp a mixer tap will be drawing purely from the hot feed.  

What's your experience of these things?

24 minutes ago, jpadie said:

I guess at this temp a mixer tap will be drawing purely from the hot feed.  

Beware, mixers often mix some cold water as part of their anti scald mechanism.

39 minutes ago, jpadie said:

I've got a small shower room that won't be used too often.  I was going to put a 120l tank there and still can but have found it's a bit of a tight fit.   

I was thinking of changing tack and using an instantaneous hot water system.  Such as the Stiebel Eltron DCE-S 10/12 Plus or similar.   

Main concern I've got is the flow rate and whether their quoted flow rate of 38C water at 6.8l/m is adequate for a normal shower.  I guess at this temp a mixer tap will be drawing purely from the hot feed.  

What's your experience of these things?

Any reason not to connect to existing hot water system. Why does it matter it's not used very often. Even less reason to spend money on it. 

1 hour ago, JohnMo said:

Any reason not to connect to existing hot water system. Why does it matter it's not used very often. Even less reason to spend money on it. 

Existing hot water is 30m away. This is for a garden room.  

Big question is whether you can get a proper shower out of one of these units.

1 hour ago, joe90 said:

Beware, mixers often mix some cold water as part of their anti scald mechanism.

Fair comment.   Heating to 43C would reduce the flow rate a bit further.  

11 minutes ago, jpadie said:

Existing hot water is 30m away. This is for a garden room.  

Big question is whether you can get a proper shower out of one of these units.

Have you ever showered in an 8kW instant electric shower?  Many regard that as adequate but compared to the shower I get from our UVC with at least twice the flow rate, I regard them as pathetic.  You won't get much better than that from an instant heater.

31 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Have you ever showered in an 8kW instant electric shower?  Many regard that as adequate but compared to the shower I get from our UVC with at least twice the flow rate, I regard them as pathetic.  You won't get much better than that from an instant heater.

Nope. Never have.  Hence me asking here!  

Thanks!