Gerberit concealed frame cisterns….

Hi all.  Slowly working through my humongous list of don’t knows in advance of starting detail design.  One thing that’s troubling my cynical mind is the use of things like:

https://www.plumbworld.co.uk/geberit-1120mm-duofix-frame-delta-concealed-cistern-and-delta20-flush-plate-round-buttons-2255-1274020?utm_source=organic&utm_medium=shoppingfeed&utm_campaign=googlebase&gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_9vTy4CVhgMVI4hQBh0-lg1BEAQYDCABEgI9CfD_BwE

I have searched for goods and bads and haven’t really come up with much.  I’ve watched the vids which claim to demonstrate that all necessary maintenance can be done through the hole covered by the chrome plate that surrounds the buttons.  We’re having wall mounted potties mounted onto studwork.

Anyone had good/bad experiences with these that are happy to share I’d be grateful.

IMG_2723.jpeg

I installed four at our house and have had no issues and five at our current As none plumber Very quick and easy to instal 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, G and J said:

good/bad experiences with these that are happy to share I’d be grateful.

Installed by a plumber, sorted by me. A flush vacuum pipe popped off but could be sorted through the plate.

The pan became  loose. It needed scarily severe tightening of the plastic bushes that grip it to these protruding bolts.

And I recall the installation being easier than the instructions imply.

All good.

Edited by saveasteading

3 minutes ago, Pocster said:

I installed 2 of these . The fact I did it is all you need to know 👍

It’s great that you installed two of em.

but do either of them work and continue to work? (Goodness I can be sooooo pedantic sometimes lol)

In truth I’m trying to avoid giving myself a maintenance headache. 

26 minutes ago, G and J said:

It’s great that you installed two of em.

but do either of them work and continue to work? (Goodness I can be sooooo pedantic sometimes lol)

In truth I’m trying to avoid giving myself a maintenance headache. 

No issues after nearly 3 years . But I am a (expletive deleted)ing legend 

• Haha 1

We have two wall mounted WC with these concealed frames and cisterns. In my case they are in boxing below windows. 

You can service them through the flush plate but I formed an access panel on the top of the boxing as I'm over cautious. Haven't needed to use it.

Shop around as prices vary. There was once a German eBay seller that was cheap but that was pre Brexit.

Note that the distance between flush, soil pipe and bolts is not a standard ! Most pans will fit but it's worth checking before buying as there are some exceptions that won't.

Remember to set the height of the feet taking into account any floor tiling. Basically follow the instructions and all goes smoothly.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Temp said:

There was once a German eBay seller that was cheap but that was pre Brexit.

In Spain its all 20% to 25% cheaper too, and vat is the same. But you'd have to be passing through to make it worthwhile and technically pay import duty.

I installed two of them. Really easy. The most important thing is to make sure they are securely fixed so zero movement both of the frame and the plasterboard over it. The instructions include the option of screwing the plasterboard to the frame. You can also stick the plasterboard to the frame. My only complaint is the Delta 20 flush plate is cheap and plasticky. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Thorfun said:

Just to one up @Pocster as I am an even bigger legend. I installed 4 of them. Very easy and are rock solid. 

You mean you installed 2 . (expletive deleted)ed up 2 . Removed 2 then re installed 2 .

3 hours ago, Pocster said:

You mean you installed 2 . (expletive deleted)ed up 2 . Removed 2 then re installed 2 .

Nope. I am a plumbing master. 

35 minutes ago, Thorfun said:

I have a right to. Finished in 3 years. How’s yours coming along after 10 years?

Like SWMBO tells me … slow is better 😉

• Haha 1