Creating a fall into a floor drain

Hi all. 

I have included a wetroom floor drain in our bathroom. It's not a wetroom at all, the drain exists only to handle stray shower spray and drips from wet feet. 

The drain is set into the slab, which of course is flat and level. 

A couple of tilers have ummed and ahhed about how best to create a slight fall. It's a tiny area, and only needs the tiniest fall to do the job. 

Does anyone have any experience or ideas when it comes to this type of thing? 

Thanks 

IMG20240417193933.thumb.jpg.e7516e8470315fb35583ecc1d18ba232.jpg

You don’t need a fall, you will not have enough water for it to actually flow, water droplets and splashes will just sit exactly where they fall due to the surface tension of the droplets and the grout lines. 

I also have floor drains in all my wet rooms after having lived in oz for a few years. 
you need a definite fall in the shower area, but not the main floor. 

1 minute ago, Russell griffiths said:

You don’t need a fall, you will not have enough water for it to actually flow, water droplets and splashes will just sit exactly where they fall due to the surface tension of the droplets and the grout lines. 

I also have floor drains in all my wet rooms after having lived in oz for a few years. 
you need a definite fall in the shower area, but not the main floor. 

Do the drains in your floors serve much purpose then? 

52 minutes ago, Tony K said:

Do the drains in your floors serve much purpose then? 

Only when he's bladdered and falls asleep in the bath with the tap on ;) 

For the record, you are both nuts :). Bath mat is all you need......

Biggest ballache will be constantly going around topping the water up in the trap (every time it evaporates and the stink of last nights biryani is 'present').

• Like 1

I like the idea of it, and wish I'd put a floor drain in the utility for emergancy purposes, but in your bathroom there it won't actually achieve much, 99% of the time you'll never have enough water to flow in it.

We put a floor drain in the plant room  - for emergencies and to avoid mop buckets being lifted into the utility sink. We used a non return valve to limit smells. 

can’t see the benefit in a non wet room bathroom.