Stone wall corrugated roof join

Hi,

Anyone got any ideas for joining the wall to roof, need an upstand of some sort.

The wall isn’t straight and not in a good state of repair to chase into. 

What options do I have? Or has anyone seen similar.

IMG_0690.jpeg

The lead into a groove in the very uneven wall and dressed downwards, as @Onoff says.  It is very fiddly but can be done diy, then fill in the groove with lime mortar.

Plus a pressed metal angle flashing screwed down to the crowns of the roof sheeting and up the face, with the lead dressed outside it,  The troughs of the roof sheet filled with specially shaped rubber fillers which the sheet supplier can provide, with these sealed / glued in on top and bottom.

The poor old rain has no chance.

I've never done it personally but understand that the lead is much easier to handle in shortish lengths, but lapped of course.

Ideally you would screw a guide batten to the wall, cut to the angle of the slope.

Batten has to be positioned "high enough" so you can use the grinder, 9" probably best. 

Lead will poke into the slot, come down the wall a bit then dress over the profile. 

5 hours ago, joe90 said:

This looks good, need a black one though.

Looks like it’s pretty conclusive that it’ll need lead then?

Could I use the above flashing and then some flashband over the top for the downward overlap? Or wall not flat enough.

That stone wall would probably give a lovely key if you were to render it. Much easier to stick flashband to a flat surface...

;)

5 hours ago, Onoff said:

Ideally you would screw a guide batten to the wall, cut to the angle of the slope.

Ideally  is an understatement. Thats the only way you can do it and not lose your teeth swearing.

• Haha 1