Toilet Selection

As we move towards the point of selection of sanitary ware I have been looking for the ideal toilet bowl.  These will be mounted on Gebrit Sigma frames/cisterns so wall hung and I will need 6 of them!  I like the concept of Rimless but worry about the splashing!  However I have come across the following:

Villeroy & Boch direct Flush:

59d74d8a2b0dd_DirectFlush.jpg.91db605128cb14c3f33047496833c6e6.jpg

And the Ideal Standard Aquablade:

Aquablade.jpg.38420d5c7d44fc0236f6c6317fd766c5.jpg

The direct flush as the open rim to reduce/eliminate splashing, the Aquablade is a new concept, basically the next generation of the rim for better flushing.  Does anybody have any experience, comments or other options?

1 hour ago, ragg987 said:

I went with the Villeroy & Boch Subway 2.0 Directflush. Looks good and flushes well with Geberit dual-flush, there is no direct splashing from the open rim. No experience of the Aquablade.

They look really smart. UK sourced or Germany?

Megabad where all my second fix plumbing came from. I think about half UK price when the Pound was stronger, but danger of this approach is you go with the premium brands "just because they are cheaper".

Edited by ragg987
I meant when pound was stronger than or is now

I looked at the Starck rimless on Megabad when I was ordering my WCs. In the end I didn't go that way as I thought they looked a bit odd, it looks like they have a rim at the back but not the front. The Villeroy and Boch ones look exactly the same.

They promote that they are easier to clean. I really don't think that toilets needs cleaned right up under the rim. I am not aware of toilet rims ever causing a problem in the long history of their existence. So I think it really just comes down to personal preference.

Maybe they flush better by swirling the water around faster. Again I don't find any issues with current toilets so went with what I thought looked better.

• Like 1

I am going with the Villeroy & Boch Subway 2.0 Direct Flush, as I managed to find a bad review of the Aquablade (in German) but no real praise.  SO I will stick with the fairly safe option.  It will be the same setup as @ragg987, so I will wait to see how the builder/plumber manages.

Thanks all for the comments.