Questions/Issues with new UVC System

I use mlcp extensively, I’ll measure fittings bore for you this weekend.

p.s. Unless you’ve got naff all water pressure, the reduction from the fittings won’t make any noticeable difference.

your issue is 100% the incoming supply. Your plumber should have advised a new 25mm mlcp into the house.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Spinny said:

Any feedback on the last post and photos please ?

Is this tundish plumbing compliant to regs and acceptable ?

ta

I would say no

image.png.48dbe846b3ce65d865fc7b44079d8b5e.png

Picture from here (first google link that found the picture I wanted)  https://www.e-lindsey.gov.uk/media/4257/050-Unvented-hot-water-storage-systems/pdf/050Unventedhotwaterstoragesystems.pdf

You are supposed to have 500mm of straight pipe below the tundish.  Yours appears to go straight into what I think is a waterless trap.  Whether that will cause a problem I could not say.

You could try manually operating the over pressure or over temperature relief valve and see how the water flows?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Spinny said:

Any feedback on the last post and photos please ?

Is this tundish plumbing compliant to regs and acceptable ?

ta

you need a tundish, this has to have an air gap, and to summarise G3  need to be in a visible position or the outlet to the drain need to be prominent and visible.

so a waterless trap is ok, but you need a tundish before this. then as @ProDave mentions you need a straight length of pipe after the tundish & before any bend. looks very tricky to achieve with your install, which would make me question the plumber, this is the basics. G3 is common sense and discharge pipes are straight forward, but they need planning / calculating before you install.

He has fitted one tundish which is the black one directly above the trap in the photos. Here it is in close up in another pic. 

Tundish not easy to keep an eye on tucked behind the cylinder when it could have been further forward.

Also wondering if there should be 2 separate tundishes, one below each valve so you can see which one has opened ?

He has plastic waste pipe below the trap which runs across under the floor into a drain pipe - as per final photo.

Is there a way I can tell if the pipe is OK for 95C water ? As I understand some plastic pipe is OK for high temp and some not. It is going to be big problem to put a new pipe under the floor now as it is glued & screwed down with u/floor heating pipe in it !

IMG_4721.jpeg

IMG_4723.jpeg