Orcan F to seal under front door??

Our front and back doors were changed last week, correcting an error the builder made last year. The replacement doors have been installed slightly higher than the others, to allow sufficient clearance for the hallway flooring. Underneath the front door is a small gap which the builder said we could fill/cover with Orcan F before taping with air tightness tape. Is this right? I can only find videos that show Orcan F as an adhesive, like OB1, rather than as a sealant.

All advice greatly appreciated.

20240209_182954.jpg

20240209_183018.jpg

20240209_183032.jpg

I thought Orcan F can be used as an airtight bead. 🤷‍♂️

can't you just tape down to the sub-base though with Tescon Vana using a concrete primer to aid adhesion?

you could do both I guess!

• Like 1

My understanding is that Orcan is not designed to be used as a sealer in this way. For our front door I used this - https://www.ecomerchant.co.uk/interior/airtightness-products/blowerproof-liquid-airtightness-system/non-shrink-gap-filling-mortar-5kg.html - with a home made thin spatula to push it in. Then taped over but you can also use the blowerproof paint. A complete pain but got the job done I think.

• Thanks 1

I think the priority there would be water tightness, certainly up to 300mm up the door sides.

I don't think the Orcon would be suitable, I would use a high modulus silicon and then use the airtight tape to make airtight!

I had to use a primer like the one below to get the tape (I used Vana) to stick to the concrete.

https://insulationmerchant.com/products/pro-clima-tescon-sprimer-spray-can-primer-750ml

• Like 1