I hope all that have any interest in HSE will make sure there dryliners use one of these Pictured perched on top of the obligatory Dewalt radio 😁

DEC04666-18F6-4732-B5F4-B5848236E0EC.jpeg

E8B66302-17F3-44AC-9F61-85C0205C771F.jpeg

I stacked mine flat on pallets in the open plan room. That was a long day moving it before the torrential rain started. I do have a few bathroom sheets leaned up against a wall though. I’ll risk it. 😂 

5 minutes ago, saveasteading said:

I had never heard of these, or the need for them. Is it a genuine concern? Are they much used? Or just required in risk assessments and not used?

if you have ever had a stack of plasterboard fall then yes there is a need for them, but the chances of a fall a slim though outcome could be significant (broken leg / crushing), hence its a risk that 'needs' to be mitigated,

i think they are just a formalisation of a solution, that you could easily screw through the last few boards and tie rope back to the wall / timber frame.

Doubt they are used much if at all.

19 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

Just lean the boards at a bit of an angle.

Yep we pick the boards up Put them against the wall and screw them up 

These things are absolute nonsense 

But we are having to use them on a couple of jobs 

So when you need a plasterboard, you take the clip off with a drill, move the board from the stack, then reattach the clip.  Maybe cone off the area and set up some flashing lights and a siren.  And have a couple of security guards on hand.

• Haha 1

The hse statement is sensible enough. If you choose to lean them, then secure them, any way you like.

Is the cable readily adjustable, while holding the board just tilted back for removal? Thats the likeliest time for the stack to move.

Hey, maybe the manufacturers have got it right, supplying them horizontal..

• Like 1

The only time I stacked them on edge was when transporting them in my van, I had a crude devise to hold them upright but it failed once, going around a roundabout they fell over knocking the side window out into the road (it didn’t break ) but the lorry following me drove over it (yes it did break 🤷‍♂️ ). I made a better devise to hold them upright after that. (On site I always lain them down flat).