Mission impossible?

Adsibob

I was hanging some cupboard doors today. Using a drill with a flat head screw driver head, I drove some flat head screws onto the MDF wardrobe carcass to hang the doors. Two of the screws broke just before reaching the end. The heads just cracked off.

I now have the majority of the screw, without its head, embedded in the only place I can fix these hafele hinges. 

I assume there is no way of getting these pieces of screw out - not enough to get sufficient purchase with my pliers, and even if I could grab them I’m sure they wouldn’t pull out. 

Picture attached, though so little of the screw is showing you can’t really see it.IMG_5919.thumb.jpeg.23026b14a7d43b2f9b3ce84a7d8d5709.jpeg

FFS!

Get a set of screw extractors, drill an appropriate small hole in the screw for the screw extractor to engage into.

Drill a pilot hole in the MDF for the rest of them so the screw goes in without too much effort.

Throw away the rubbish screws supplied with the hinges and buy better ones.

I no longer use the screws supplied for wall fixings. Some Chinese factory has often saved 1p by supplying inferior fixings.

It's worth buying the known brands I think.

The same probably applies to screw extractors. I had some from Aldi and they worked once ( one screw) and wore out.

If these are furniture kit hinges then the carcase may not take the fixing. I saw some handy repair brackets especially for this purpose, but where?