Eh up - some Christmas this is turning out to be - my Rpi 5 has arrived.

MikeSharp01

Didn't bag one of the first batch but ordered this back in October, so very happy to see it arrive just now. This will be the core of the HA system for the house alongside an array of RPi PICO Ws that will run all the remote sensors and any actuators we feel we need. Lets see if I can squeeze enough time this afternoon to get it up and running and put it through its paces.:D:D:D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeSharp01 said:

Didn't bag one of the first batch but ordered this back in October, so very happy to see it arrive just now. This will be the core of the HA system for the house alongside an array of RPi PICO Ws that will run all the remote sensors and any actuators we feel we need. Lets see if I can squeeze enough time this afternoon to get it up and running and put it through its paces.:D:D:D

Performance boost over the 4 is nice . You’ll probably need some proper cooling though …

4 hours ago, MikeSharp01 said:

This will be the core of the HA system for the house alongside an array of RPi PICO Ws that will run all the remote sensors and any actuators we feel we need

Post up how you do that please.

I keep meaning to research it a bit more, but don't seem to have free time and enthusiasm at the same time.

4 hours ago, MikeSharp01 said:

alongside an array of RPi PICO Ws that will run all the remote sensors and any actuators we feel we need.

Interesting. What approach have you taken for:

- power and network to the pico's.

- wiring from pico to sensors/actuators (e.g. are pic behind a motion center in the ceiling or something)

I replaced a 3B with the 5, nice improvement. Active cooling is annoying, my official case fan is a bit annoying, may be faulty.

Pico WH connects to sensors via GPIO pins, I have one connected to a CO2 sensor. Powered via usb and pushes values with MQTT to the 5 via WiFi for logging. Very pleased with the Pico, it hasn't skipped a beat yet.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...