Planning permission- ground mounted PV

Kelvin

Our planning consent included putting PV panels on the roof. We decided to ground mount them instead for a variety of reasons. I spoke to planning last week to confirm that I needed to submit a new planning application. I’ve had a look at other planning applications for ground mounted PV and it’s straightforward enough. Data sheets for the mounting system and panels, dimensions, current location drawing and block drawing and proposed block drawing. Should I include my reasons for wanting to ground mount them instead or simply provide the minimum planning requires? 

Trouble with planning you have to do as agreed or amend the planning application. 

I would be inclined to give the minimum information, less to be tripped up over, if they need more info, they will ask for it. I had to change the location of the boiler, I just amended the drawing to show new location with make and model, they already had the datasheets.

Build a PD shed with PV on the roof.

When I did my planning for the house, it was a last minute addition.  Just a square outline on the site layout plan "Ground mounted solar PV"  NO details at all.  Nobody ever checked or asked for any details.