Advice gshp

Hi, l wondered if anyone could give me some advice? I have danfoss gshp system with underfloor heating downstairs and radiators upstairs. The problem is when heating is on downstairs and upstairs the radiators only get luke warm upstairs. When the heating is on upstairs and off downstairs the radiators are hot upstairs. It seems like the boiler is unable to heat the whole house at the same time. Any ideas. Thanks in advance 😃

Think the following happens - found this the other day with my ASHP.

Both ASHP and GSHP manage dT first based on return temp, as return temp increases the flow temp increases towards set point. Our flow from the UFH completely overwhelms all other flows which are very small.

So as the floor heats up the flow temperature increases. So just running the radiators has a different feedback to the heat pump compared to UFH on its own or as a mixed system. A mixing valve on the UFH resolve?

• Like 2

It's about 10 years old but we only moved in 2 months ago. So this boiler is new to us. We tried to contact the installation company but they are no longer in business. We have also tried a couple of companies to come out and service the heating but no chance until January. So I'm currently trying to understand the heating system. We currently have the underfloor heating coming on at 630 am off at 830pm at 16 Deg it chips in and out. Upstairs radiators on at 630 am off at 830 and on again at 7-10 evening.

Edited by joe Farrington

pictures of the manifolds? and what are all the wires on the RHS connecting together to? what thermostats do you have?

there's at least three zone valves, two pumps, and a buffer. That makes around eleventy million different options...

And yes, get some insulation on those pipes. You're wasting a shedload of heat there and it sure won't be helping you get everything up to temp..

• 2 months later...

I have a similar unit.

It isn't being controlled in the slightest bit correctly if the heating is on a time clock.

Did you have somebody look in January and resolve? If not I'll dig out the manuals; but they only really cover the unit and the "standard" installation details - the issues you're having are with the non standard details hung off the end of the heat pump.