Air vent

Dee

Hi

Ivm having to virtually replump the waste that a   £¥([<!^¿ plumber did....'fall' went uphill!!

Having corrected that I now need to connect a tiny basin into the shower waste.

I have no choice but to route it this way but it was suggested I will need to vent it ???

Where would I put the vent?

Picture please on what I need to buy.....

I am clueless on this next step! See image of pipe run, the blue is what I'm adding.

Also any tips on fitting a weld Y 'T' into an existing pipe run?

Yours in desperation,

Dee

20231127_115652~2.jpg

You may need to vent it, if so then a air admittance valve (AAV) would go at the end of the run and above the sink level, however, you already have another sink on the line and if that isn’t having problems then unlikely the additional one would.

@Dee I really can’t see your shower or any basin having enough flow to pull water out of another trap, certainly can and does happen with toilet flushes but in your case I wouldnt bother. Text book installs and reality are different things, if this was my house I wouldnt fit an AAV

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Dee said:

Am I asking for trouble adding the blue line? I've never cut into a pipe before and added a joint. 

No. @Dee. Don't let it intimidate you. 

You need

• A small sharp fine-bladed saw to cut the pipe
  • A tee joint ( push-fit I suspect)
  • and a couple of 90s (also push-fit)
  • gloves 
  • and an old towel
  • a trap for the sink
  • connectors for the taps
  • and a sod-it-I'm-going-to-do-this-grin on your face

Heres a good online resource to review before you dive in 

I searched for >How to make joints in plastic pipes on YooChube

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=plumbing+plastic+pipe+fittings

Detailed photos will help us help you.

Look at @Onoff's  or @Pocster bathroom thread(s) for  examples of how to illustrate your  work (cockups)

There's not a person on here who doesn't review what's on YT before they start a job. You are not alone

Have a look at some of the results of this search

https://forum.buildhub.org.uk/search/?&q=bathroom&quick=1&author=Onoff&search_and_or=and&sortby=relevancy

• Like 1

Have I been over thinking this?? I was focusing on connecting the basin on the others idea of the wall into the shower waste....can I instead connect into the basin waste as per the image? If I can, where would I connect to?

20231130_151854.jpg

13 minutes ago, Dee said:

Ps. There's barely any fall on the 33mm waste seen in the image but I can't gain any more

That’s looking pretty good, fall on a shower or basin isn’t as critical as a soil pipe so any fall is ok.

basin waste through wall and into other basil waste is fine, if the basin is on a pedestal then anywhere that works (and is out of sight)

Edited by markc
  • Thanks 1

So I think I will have to bring the waste through the wall rather than under the floor and connect to the waste in the image, that way I can get some fall. Can I connect into the  vertical but low down?

I will understand and get on with it soon....promise!