Undercounter sink

Pocster

23 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

I would set it forward a fair bit.  Ours has 65mm of worktop at the front, 140mm at the back.  Too close to the back and you won't be able to clean around the tap base and fitting the tap will be a pain.  Also you will have to lean over more.  Mastic before you fit the tap.

Can’t get 65 and 140 🫤

Tap *has* to go to the right and away from the back ( otherwise window won’t open past tap )

Plumbings for girls !

Once again a few hours on a Friday = a weeks lack of productivity.

Horizontal pipe a bit of a kink . Used ‘bits’ I found round the site ( bottle trap might be better tbh ) .

Tested and works ! 👍 ( for now ) 

IMG_8880.jpeg

• Like 1

On 20/11/2023 at 15:19, Pocster said:

Having a bad day .

Top left of sink corner bent !

Once I get that replaced what’s the best way to mount in unit ?

A shelf to sit on ?

Tap has to go to the right . So what spacing ? ( in fact what spacing front/back ) ?

IMG_8834.jpeg

IMG_8833.jpeg

If its undermount and the worktop will overhang the sink. i.e. you wont see the top of the sink, then I would be tempted to straighten it, (hammer  and or mole grips). 

How you support will depend on the worktop. you can bond some support and the sink to most worktops, but I prefer some form of cradle to hold it all in place, you can incorporate this cradle into the shelf below, my preferred option.

Edit:: Front to back usually 50 - 60mm from worktop front edge but try to even it out.

Edited by Jenki

1 hour ago, Pocster said:

Can see tap access if it fails will be a dog . So did a mock-up . Cut out the unit to the right for access - washer goes here so no issue .

IMG_8911.jpeg

@Pocster Good thinking.  have you tried to install the tap with the OSB in place?  I found with most worktop fitters (assume your having some solid worksurface) wont allow you to mess around installing the tap, they just fit the top and leave you to it after they have left.

Edited by Jenki
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Jenki said:

I found with most worktop fitters (assume your having some solid worksurface) wont allow you to mess around installing the tap, they just fit the top and leave you to it after they have left.

We had a granite worktop installed by Stone Source in Inverness.  They gave me a few minutes to fit the tap into the worktop before they then bonded the undermount sink to it.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Jenki said:

@Pocster Good thinking.  have you tried to install the tap with the OSB in place?  I found with most worktop fitters (assume your having some solid worksurface) wont allow you to mess around installing the tap, they just fit the top and leave you to it after they have left.

You mean plumb it in ? . Tomorrow’s task !

IMG_8910.jpeg

Edited by Pocster

1 minute ago, Pocster said:

IMG_8910.jpeg

I saw that, but did you fit the tap to the osb and then position it? or did you fit the OSB to unit then fit the tap? I've done installs where they would not let me fit the tap to the worktop, so its good to check you can fit the tap if the worktop is in place.  (You may have done this, but thought it might be helpful to confirm)

1 minute ago, Jenki said:

I saw that, but did you fit the tap to the osb and then position it? or did you fit the OSB to unit then fit the tap? I've done installs where they would not let me fit the tap to the worktop, so its good to check you can fit the tap if the worktop is in place.  (You may have done this, but thought it might be helpful to confirm)

Ahhh I see !

I fitted the osb to the unit then fitted the tap - so that I know the hole and access is all good 👍

• Like 1