Oven cable

Pocster

9 minutes ago, FuerteStu said:

And not behind it, as I often see.. How are you supposed to safely isolated it if it's on fire 🙄

Exactly I had that whole debate with sparky on-site. I said we’d either need to have access to them from the cupboard beside the ovens but it’s a pull out larder unit so you’d need to cut the back out of the unit. In the end I suggested putting all the switches in the utility room which is immediately behind the ovens and fridge. 

Edited by Kelvin
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, FuerteStu said:

It's too late for it now. But I always take a 16mm armoured and have a separate CU In the kitchen. It's the one place that's rewired more than any others, and although it sounds expensive, it's a lot less long runs for individual circuits. 

No sweat again mate . My 10mm run above my Swindon suspended ceiling . Down then along the floor behind the units . Would be possible to thread a new cable if needed . 
Watch my flow , ladies 😘

2 hours ago, Pocster said:

No sweat fella !

The 10mm will run to isolators for the appliance in the cupboard above ( behind is mofo dumb ) 

Make sure you obscure access to the isolators in the cupboard by placing lots of tins and packets in front of them...

• Like 1